• Report: #1002020

• Reported By: Kathleen — Waxahachie Texas United States of America
American Home Shield
PO Box 849 Carroll, Iowa United States of America

American Home Shield AHS Absolute ripoff Carroll, Iowa

I dealt with this company years ago and had no problems whatsoever.  However, I signed up over a year ago and have nothing but problems since.

When I reported a broken ceiling fan, the contractor they said they were sending out sent someone else.  The electrician AHS sent out (too) quickly said the fan could not be fixed. When he charged the $75.00 service fee to his Square merchant account, it did not work.  Although we repeatedly advised him that the problem was not with our card, he continued to call us--wanting a check to cover his fee.  My husband advised him he had our credit card number, there was  nothing wrong with our card and, therefore, he would not take the chance of giving him a duplicate payment.

When I called to advise AHS of this, they said not to pay the contractor.  They would send us a check for the $250.00 contractor's price on our ($500.00) ceiling fan and would deduct $60.00.  However, sometime later, we received an invoice from AHS for $60.00 and then our credit card statement which showed they had charged our account $60.00.

Over a month later, I called AHS and was advised we still owe the electrician $15.00 for their service call and that no check would be sent.  That this is now "contrary to their process," which apparently changes each time you call.

I would advise no one to use this service and I wish I had researched it further before using them.  My next letter will be to the Better Business Bureau and then to AHS to advise them under no circumstances to renew our account when it is up for renewal in May.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Carroll-Iowa-51401/American-Home-Shield-AHS-Absolute-ripoff-Carroll-Iowa-1002020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield