Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Updated: Tue, September 11, 2012

• Reported By: Brenda — Katy Texas United States of America
American Home Shield
Carrollton, Iowa United States of America

American Home Shield AHS RIP OFF! Slow to replace AC-over a week after 3 prior repairs. Heat index 100 in Houston Carrollton, Iowa

I have had AHS for years. The only item they have replced was my garbage disposal. They repaired a microwave, jacuzzi tub, water heater (which the repairman told me they would not replace it b/c it was not properly maintained-meaning draining the water 2 times/year so the calcium rocks don't accumulate) and a ceiling fan. Of course I had to pay the service fee. Come on-a microwave doesn't cost much more than 60$.

Approximately 5 years ago they replaced my outside AC unit. The following year they again had to replace the outside unit. Each time I waited over a week in the dead heat of summer in Houston. Luckily I had a place to stay.

Now this summer they have been out here 3 times to repair an AC leak, again with a service fee each time. This 4th time they said it needs replaced. It went out 4 days ago and might not be available for replacement on the 7th day of no AC. When I asked for a hotel room I was told I could get a 125$ allotment towards a hotel, window AC or fans. Heck you can't stay in a pup tent for 125$ a week. I bought 2 fans but have to live in front of them.

Last week I received a contract renewal and noticed the service fees went from 60$ to 75$. What a joke.  This company is not customer oriented at all. Buyer beware.

Some time ago I response from AHS on a complaint web site asking vendors to stop making bogus reports. If this is true the vendors might be in dire need of work so they stick with a company they know is a scam. If vendors are truly not making these posting then AHS is trying to minimize their lack of business integrity.

As I stated before buyer beware. They take your money and provide shody service if they provide service at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Carrollton-Iowa-51401/American-Home-Shield-AHS-RIP-OFF-Slow-to-replace-AC-over-a-week-after-3-prior-repairs-He-939638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield