cholesterol

Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Submitted: Mon, July 22, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Maineville Ohio

American Home Shield Coldwell Banker Did not honor service requests multiple times. Cincinnati Ohio

I had a my sump pump got out and it needed replaced. American Home Shield (AHS) stated my house was too new and that pump died in only 3.5 years thatit was not covered due to the previos owner abusing it. I found this was absurd.

I hade a toilet that needed a new part. (AHS) charges a $60 duductable each visit. Cost me $15 and took me an hour to fix it. Why even call them.

My main reason for purchasing the warrenty was I was told the warranty covered if the basement wall we to seep or leak. I was assured with the warranty I would not have to worry about it. Well, it is not covered I had to pay for it myself. The best part is I was withini the return to get my money back when I called. The drug this on for 60 days before the told me it wasn't covered. I was told twice someone was comming right out to the house to look at it. No one ever showed up both times.

After these interaction i asked for a refund. Well, after 30 days you can get a prorated refund for half of what you paid and anything later than that forget about it. not even worth the stamp to send it to you. Also, here is a kicker "you will recieve a check in the mail in 20-30 buisness days" Yes BUISNESS DAYS! After some holidays and weekends I recieved the check after a solid 3 months. Wonder what the waitress at TGI Friday 's would say if I told here a check would be in the mail and she should recieve it in 3 months. I would never reccomend this to anyone ever.

Total cost out of pocket

$450 for the Warrenty

$450 for basement wall injection

$250 New sump pump

$15  Toilet repair

Wish I had the $450 spent on the warranty to pay for the basement injection. If I took money from someone I would be in jail for theft, too bad some people are above the law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Cincinnati-Ohio/American-Home-Shield-Coldwell-Banker-Did-not-honor-service-requests-multiple-times-Cinci-1069081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield