• Report: #191954

• Submitted: Wed, May 17, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 17, 2006

• Reported By:Zephyrhills Florida
American Home Shield
889 Ridge Lake Blvd Memphis, Iowa U.S.A.

American Home Shield Ripoff Memphis Iowa

American Dream and an American Rip-off! When the warranty was purchased, I believed the purpose was to protect me from issues that I was not aware of at the time of purchase. Approximately 2 weeks after my move-in date the AC unit stopped working properly. After submitting a claim and having a technician provide his opinion that the leaks were pre-existing, I was told that my claim would not be covered and AHS needed to protect itself. Furthermore, the technician hired by AHS to inspect the AC unit stated that in his expert opinion, coolant had been added to the AC unit at the time of inspection. His expert opinion was not only a false claim, but was a slanderous statement against an independent, licensed third party contractor.

After several attempts to reconcile the problem, to include providing documentation and contact information for the home inspection company that certified there are no leaks at time of inspection, I was unsuccessful.

My only option was to have AHS hire another contractor for a second opinion. I declined this option because I did not believe I would get an unbiased second option. The reason I believe this is because it is clearly stated in a testimonial found on AHS by a contractor who works for AHS he writes:

George Valdenegro - GTR Heating and Cooling
Home warranties are an excellent investment for homeowners and for people buying or selling their homes. It's a win-win for everyone. For contractors, it's a great way to start a business. Partnering with a home warranty company provides a steady stream of work, and if you're good, which we are, AHS provides more work. It's a partnership that really helps our bottom line.

I requested a claim denial letter a month ago and still have yet to receive it. Also, just a side note check out Better Business Bureau 1300 complaints in 3 years.

Zephyrhills, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2006 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Iowa-38120/American-Home-Shield-Ripoff-Memphis-Iowa-191954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield