Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Submitted: Thu, March 17, 2016
  • Updated: Thu, March 17, 2016

• Reported By: Richard — Clearwater Florida U.S.A.
American Home Shield
889 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, Tennessee USA

American Home Shield Claim deny because of high clorine??? Has nothing to do with the electrical isses. Memphis Tennessee

I have been a satisfied customer for over 5 years, and until recently I had my pool pump break, and heater at the same time.  I called to put in a claim.  This was a Friday night, and by the time the first tech came on Tuesday, my pool was looking bad, so I shocked it.  Well little did I know is that they check the water and if the chemicals are not with in specs they deny.  I tried to explain to them that I had just shocked it earlier that day.  Additionally the first tech told me that it was an electrical issue on both.  The parts in question on the units never touch water.  This was confirmed by a second tech they sent out, but the same thing, water was not within spec.  He also told me it was an electrical issue, but tested the water also, and that’s what they went with. I also contacted Hayward, the maker if the pump, and heater, and they told me that water has nothing to do with my issues, as they were electrical in nature.  I was also told by a close friend and pool tech that this a common practice to deny a claim.  This really disturbs me that I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years and they use this flawed process to deny my claim.  I’m now on the hook for almost 5K in repairs myself… Why did I even bother to continue my warranty?  Very sad in FL Additionally it took 45 min to get a person over the phone, and another 30 to get to the right person, only to find out they are now closed for the day.  Not Fun!!!

Richard W

Clearwater, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2016 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Tennessee-38120/American-Home-Shield-Claim-deny-because-of-high-clorine-Has-nothing-to-do-with-the-ele-1294396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield