• Report: #199540

• Submitted: Wed, July 05, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, July 05, 2006

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
American Home Shield
889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

American Home Shield ripoff Memphis Tennessee

I called American Home Shield (AHS)regarding my hot water heater (HWH). They first sent a company that could not tell me what was wrong with the HWH but that wanted to replace it for over $1600. They charged my $35.00. AHS sent another company that could not find what was wrong. The company sent a second technician that found a plug in the line. The "fix" last for about a week. I called AHS yet again and had them send the technichian back to my house. The techician told me that I did not need a new HWH, but that it needed to be drained.

The HWH exploded the next week and flooded my house. A professional service had to dry my house out for an entire week, and I have a $500 insurance deductible. I have lost personal property that belonged to by deceased father and can never be replaced. AHS first told me that they could not cover the replacement HWH because it had sediment in it. They finally agreed to give me $330.00 for it, after I paid yet another technician another $55.00 to look at the HWH. I called AHS today because I still have not received the check. It was cut on the 29th. Apparently AHS has decided not to send the payment because my next installment payment on the contract was due July 1, 2006 and I haven't paid it. Go figure.

If anyone is considering a class action against this company, please let me know.I am anticipating filing a cliam in Magistrate Court in Cobb County, Georgia.

Angela
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2006 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Tennessee-38120/American-Home-Shield-ripoff-Memphis-Tennessee-199540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield