Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Carol — Los Angeles California USA
American Home Shield
860 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, Tennessee USA

American Home Shield Bait & Switch North Hollywood California

I placed a service call for a leaky kitchen facet and a leaky shower head. Leaks are covered by the basic American Home Shield contract. The company that came was from BEAR PLUMBING & ROOTER, INC. Before they even knocked on my door the two plumbers went over to my valve in the front of the house (I watched them).

I let them in and the lead guy looked at both items that I called in. All I had was a leaky kitchen faucet and a leaky shower head. These are items that 9 times out of 10 just need replacing. Right? He tells me that I need a pressure regulator valve and that would be $725+. He explained that the fixtures were leaking because of the pressure. I told him if that were true then ALL of my fixtures would be bursting at the seams...and they're not. I've lived in this house for 13 years and I've never had major issuses. He called AHS and they sided with his diagnosis and WOULD NOT COVER repairing my leaks. I was outraged.

I called AHS and told them that the average older home probably doesn't have a pressure regulator valve and has survived this long. I asked them how many other homeowners were they ripping off? So the idiot plumber hendged my facets, which were normal wear and tear, to $725+ solution...and they agreed with him even after I explained everything and gave them a piece of my mind.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN HOME SHIELD. They're worst than calling a random plumber because you're paying their monthly fee and then you pay for the service call, which is $75, and it goes directly to the vendor that is sent. No thanks!! Account cancelled the same day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2015 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Tennessee-38135/American-Home-Shield-Bait-Switch-North-Hollywood-California-1264990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield