Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Beckworth — DeSoto Texas
American Home Shield
Memphis, Tennessee USA

American Home Shield AHS Over Heated In Texas Memphis Tennessee

i called american home shield to repair my downstairs hvac on 07/12/13. The contractor showed up 07/14/13 and put in a hard start kit (not a part my system came with), which got my condenser to run for 2 days. They would not come back for 2 days.

They arrived 07/18/13 and told me condenser compressor was bad (duh). He would have to notify AHS to order part, even though i live in a Texas metroplex that has AC part whole salers. AHS said it would take 5 business days to get compressor to contractor.

Contractor said they got compressor 07/30/13 and of course it would be 2 days before they could reinstall my condenser unit (they removed and toke my entire outside condenser unit). I found out later from reputable AC repairman that this unusual.

They finally got my AC back 08/01/13 and it is working, but they (contractor) broke my cement AC pad and did not insulate freon line. I went 3 weeks without air in 100 degree temperatures. Besides that I had to pay $420.00 for freon installation, because AHS only pays $10.00/lbs of cost. The contractor charged me $30/lbs.

I would not recommend AHS or the contractor (KOZY Services) they sent me to my worst enemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/Memphis-Tennessee/American-Home-Shield-AHS-Over-Heated-In-Texas-Memphis-Tennessee-1072900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield