- Report: #896396
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Home Shield
American Home ShieldInternet United States of America
American Home Shield A/C failed 29 April, technician out twice - worked for few days each time. No invoice, no firm idea of what the did. 3rd call - never showed - stated had to access line in wall. Called for another t Internet, Internet
1. 29 April 12 received initial dispatch email from AHS about 11:05 PM. Initial dispatch 215091992 to ALLTEX Service Inc.
2. 1 May 12 ALLTEX showed up and I paid service fee of $60.00. ALLTEX put Freon in system. Leak checked ? No
invoice was left showing what was done. Also, technician tracked dirt into home. It was semi dry stuff and we were able to vacuum it up.
a. I did call ALLTEX and advised them of this, but did not advise AHS at that time. I thought I would be nice about it.
3. A few days later, the A/C was not working again. Not cooling. I called ALLTEX, and then advised AHS. On 7
May 2012, I received an email with dispatch number 215990172 about 2:42 PM .
4. Several days later they showed up (date uncertain). Uncertain what they did other than service with FREON? Again,
no invoice from ALLTEX.
a. They called on one day and delayed their arrival for repair so they would not track dirt in based on rain forecast (it actually did rain)!
i. Why are they not wearing easily removable shoes?
ii. Booties, and even swapping indoor shoes for outdoor shoes?
iii. This resulted in another two or three day delay
5. 22 May 12 I called ALLTEX again as A/C unit not cooling again. This was about 3:25 PM. Also, advised AHS.
6. As of 3:30 PM Friday, 25 May 12, no response from ALLTEX as to status of when they are going to show up in spite of multiple calls and voice messages. See item 7b below (they were called daily and a voice message left each time).
7. I called AHS on 25 May (Friday) and complained about no response. AHS Case Management person (Mary) left voice
message with ALTEX but no response until I received a call from Mary at Case management on Tuesday, 29 May, indicating that ALTEX would be here between 1 and 5 PM today.
Mary with AHS stated that ALTEX had a computer problem. What their computer has to do with simply returning a telephone call to provide status completely eludes me! All I wanted was a response with status as to when ALLTEX might be here.
8. 29 May 12 at 12:48 PM, I received a call from AHS (some named Brad) stating that ALLTEX (Michael) has supposedly done all that they could to find leak without accessing A/C lines in wall. Tearing open drywall to access lines is not
a. ALLTEX should have been able to tell me that they had supposedly exhausted their other options when they left from the 7 May dispatch.
b. ALLTEX was called by me as follows with zero response as to status of when they could arrive - Voice message left each time - absolutely NO RESPONSE from ALLTEX.
i. 5:35 PM on 23 May
ii. 11:10 AM 24 May 12
iii. 4:40 PM 24 May 12
iv. 1:58 PM 25 May 12
v. 8:09 AM 29 May 12
Main complaint with ALLTEX is failure to provide any status.
c. 29 May 12 - I called Mary at AHS, Case Management, and advised her that I did not want to see ALLTEX on my property again! ALLTEX could have told me they needed to tear up sheetrock last Wednesday (23 May), the day after I called.
i. They have repeatedly failed to call back with status!
9. 29 May 12 - I requested another repair shop, specifically Blue Ribbon A/C and Heating, as they had replaced the heater before and did a great job and kept me informed. Mary indicated she would get someone else out.
10. 29 May 12 received AHS email with dispatch 218155082 to Blue Ribbon A/C and Heating about 1:23 PM. I called 214-518-5577 about 1:26 PM and talked to Technician he indicated he would be out today, likely about 6:30 PM or so,
but today. I told him tomorrow was fine if need be.
a. Blue Ribbon person showed, checked system, used an electronic leak detector and determined that the leak was above the upstairs heater in and around the coil.
11. 30 May 12 Terry from Blue Ribbon called at 4:24 PM, informed me that Mary at AHS Case Management knew
everything as of early morning today. Apparently Mary told Blue Ribbon they would send another contractor out to get A/C fixed.
a. No word from AHS yet and no contact from any other contractor.
12. 31 May 12 the A/C has been in a failed state for about of May without a satisfactory fix.
13. 31 May 12 at 9:04 AM, I called Mary (1-866-442-0062) at AHS about for her about 9:10 AM.
a. It has now been over 30 days since the initial call to AHS.
14. Called by Mary at AHS about 1001 AM she advised ALLTEX was going to fix and would do install on Wednesday, 6 June.
a. I restated my concern and lack of trust with ALLTEX after the last month of lackluster (significantly less than sterling) support / troubleshooting.
b. Mary stated that they had to replace Coil, A float switch, new plenum, new drip pan, and upgrade to code she estimated about $685.00 for the repair for items not covered. ALLTEX is to contact me but likely next Wednesday before they can complete effort.
c. I commented that I cannot help but wonder how they went from lines in wall (and tearing up sheetrock) to a coil without ever revisiting?
d. Also, I wonder if they already have taken measurements and know what they need.
i. Would not be surprised if they show up Wed, 6 June and take measurements.
15. 31 May at 11:10 AM - I await a call from ALLTEX.
16. 31 May 12 Emailed Mary at AHS Case management advised that I understood from her telecom earlier today (about 1001 AM) that ALLTEX would be out here to perform the repair on 6 June (next Wednesday).
a. Seems like that need to take some measurements if the plenum needs to be remade? When did they do that?
i. If they did that on last visit after the 7 May dispatch, why tell me they need to tear up sheetrock to get at lines in the wall, and now changing story?
b. I do not expect them to show up Wednesday, 6 June and then take measurements!
c. I expect them to show up, rain or shine. No more tracking dirt into house. Either wear the booties made for that or remove their shoes. They did delay the last actual visit due to rain in forecast!
17. It is now 5:04 PM on 31 May. Upstairs A/C had initial Dispatch on 29 April. Still not fixed and no plan to
show up before Wed 6 June. This means the A/C unit has not been working much days and another week without it.
18. 1 June 12 at 3:17 PM I received a voice mail from Mary at AHS Case Management. She stated that the metal for the Plenum, drain/float switch, hanging kit, etc. would be in Wednesday (June 6) from 10-11 AM as would the other parts.
a. So, ALLTEX is now scheduled for Thursday, 7 June, for actual install. Uncovered cost estimated at $685.00.
19. 5 June 12 no input from AHS or ALLTEX assume ALLTEX will be here Thursday, 7 June as I was told on 1 June
per voice mail from Mary at AHS Case management.
20. 6 June 12 - at 2:08 PM, Mary from AHS Case Management called. Informed me that the technician has a medical issue and they had a scheduling problem due to that. ALLTEX offered to waive the non-covered fees of $685.00, if I was willing to wait until next week. They also offered to put Freon in system tomorrow if I waited. I said okay.
21. 6 June 12 at 2:57 PM, Mary from AHS Case Management called back and informed me that they could not put Freon in due to technical reasons. I told her I assume the EPA and allowing Freon into environment was likely the issue. I informed her that there was rain on schedule this evening and they had delayed the second dispatch due to rain
forecast. Coincidence I guess?
22. 6 June 12 at 3:31 PM, I emailed Mary from AHS Case Management summarizing (items 20 and 21) above just to ensure no miscommunication.
23. 7 June 12 received a letter from AHS regarding the access to coolant lines? After we determined that coil was the
issue? Copied and sent to Mary at AHS Case management.
24. Looking at the upstairs heater / AC, the drain pan appears to be integral to the Coil assembly. Probably just as easy to change entire assembly as to change the individual coils inside the assembly.
a. There is an existing float switch and what plenum needs to be replaced eludes me.
b. The Coil housing assembly (with multiple coils inside) appears to just slide in and out given access. It is located just
above the furnace.
c. Code upgrades? What code upgrades?
25. 9 June 12 received another letter from AHS(dated 4 June 12) indicating the alleged code upgrades associated with
the A/C repair (i.e., coil replacement) are not covered. Specifically repairs for upgrade to code exceeding S250.00.
a. But, on 6 June, ALLTEX offered to waive the non-covered fees of $685.00, if I was willing to wait until next week.
i. This waiver was per Mary at AHS Case management on 6 June.
26. 11 June 12 Emailed copy of 4 June 12 AHS letter to Mary about 11:55 AM.
27. 12 June 12 called ALTEX (972-242-4450) to see when they would arrive. No answer left message. Also emailed AHS Case Management.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/internet/American-Home-Shield-AC-failed-29-April-technician-out-twice-worked-for-few-days-each-896396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)