- Report: #967796
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Home Shield
American Home Shield860 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis, TN, 38135 Internet United States of America
American Home Shield American Home Shield won't honor their Home Warranty Contract Internet, Internet
In the 2+ years I have had my home warranty policy I have had to request service on the air conditioning unit several times.
On 5 previous occasions they have sent out technicians to work on the unit. Work was done and the air conditioning unit was working. However, they did very sloppy work and the repairs have not lasted.
This summer my air conditioning unit failed again. Once again I contacted American Home Shield to make the repairs. Only this time they have given me the run around.
1. I have been told that the AC unit is too close to the fire place. But, the fireplace is 20 feet away on the separate side of the house. The A/C unit is above the kitchen. In the kitchen is a skylight that was part of the original construction of the home. I question any persons intelligence that cannot tell the difference between a fireplace and a skylight.
2. They have stated there is not enough room to do the work. However, other A/C technicians I have hired for a repair quote have stated there is plenty of room.
3. They have stated that the evaporator coil is 6 inches away from the fireplace and they cannot work on it because it is a code violation. Again, the fireplace is 20 feet away. Again, they are confusing it with a skylight.
4. They complain that there is not a walkway in the attic. I'm confused on this one. Most attics I have seen are simply the frame of the house and insulation. If this was truly a concern they could have said something on previous repairs.
I have a current policy with American Home Shield. I am current on my payments and all the work I am requesting is covered under my policy. This appears to be yet another company that simply wants to rip off the public. Stay away from them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2012 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/internet/American-Home-Shield-American-Home-Shield-wont-honor-their-Home-Warranty-Contract-Intern-967796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.