Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Andrew — Kingsland Georgia
American Home Shield
Internet USA

American Home Shield REFUSED TO FIX OUR A/C Internet

Customer service is the worst I have experienced.  The researcher Derrick is doesn't return phone calls.  Over a week we have been waiting for him to call us back about our A/C.  We started the process at the beginning of the month.  Almost 30 days later after calling and asking to speak to his supervisor (which we didn't get, the Customer service agent instead transferred us to his voice mail) did he call us back, to tell us that we should of been able to detect there was an issue before the contract began.

They sent 2 different A/C companies to my house to look at the unit yet, I who knows nothing about a/cs supposedily knew ahead of time what was wrong so they did not cover it.  If they weren't going to cover it why wasn't that said from the beginning, why did we have to go  so long with a/c in the middle of the summer.  I really don't understand how they expected me to know what was wrong with the unit, am I just supposed to know how a/cs work?

When the first company came out they said we would need a whole new inside unit.  When the second guy came out they just wanted him to fill out the freon (and we would have to pay for that, and pay again if it leaked back out).  When we called and complained the he did not even test for leaks, they sent him back out to test for leaks.  If he did not know it was broken until he came back out and tested for the leaks, how was I supposed to know what was wrong just by looking at it?

When trying to cancel the contract they tried to charge us for having the 2nd company come out.  I did not request a second opinion.  I dont even know why they did if there final answer was we knew what was wrong from the beginning.  What would of happened if we would have let them fill it up and then had to call back after it leaked out again.  If we "knew about it already" they still would have refused to cover it.  And we would have been out alot more money.  Either way we are still out the service fees, still have no a/c after a month, and have to start the process over with another a/c company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/internet/American-Home-Shield-REFUSED-TO-FIX-OUR-AC-Internet-1061602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield