• Report: #191241

• Reported By:Lansing Michigan
American Home Shield
Internet U.S.A.

American Home Shield ripoff home repair Internet

American Home Shield is nothing more then a rip off for unsuspecting customers.

As a first time home buyer I thought I had found my ideal house and it had a bonus or so I thought home warrenty.
Two weeks after I moved into my new home I went down to the basement and found raw sewage all over the basement floor, thinking it was a easy fix and just needed to be snaked I called an independent plumbing company who came out and informed me that I had a broken sewer pipe underneath my basement floor as he informed me of the costly repair I thought thank god I have a home warrenty this will all be taken care of.

When I first contacted the company (late on a Friday afternoon) I was told by the telephone operator that she would contact someone immediately and I could expect a call back within two hours and someone would be out on Monday to see what needed to be done believing what she told me I took Monday off from work because I am a nurse its not easy to just take a day off.I received a call on Sat morning informing me no one would be able to come out until the following Wednesday.I had cleaned up the raw sewage ( a severe health risk) and waited until Wednesday as I could not take another day off from work I arranged for someone to be at my house I was told they would be there between 8-1 they showed up at 1:45 pm.
I was then informed that it would cost 2,850.00 to fix it and my home warrenty would not cover it.

When I called American Home Shield to inquire why it wasn't covered I was informed that the contractor said it wasn't leaking at the time he was here so they weren't go to fix it, although I had a bill stating what it would cost to repair it.

The employees I talked to were rude, unprofessional and of no help I asked them ok so I have to wait until I have raw sewage agin in my basement put myself again at a health risk before they would fix it and they pretty much confirmed this by saying its not leaking now so we are not going to fix it.

After making many phone calls one to my real estate company to complain about this service I received a call from AHS informing me that they would send another tech out with a camera to find out where the leak was and after I paid the 95.00 service call they would cover 400.00 of the repair minus the two hundred it would cost for the camera.So out of almost 4,000.00 they would cover 200.00 what a joke being a single women just buying my first home this has turned into a night mare.
Don't be fooled into a false sense of security of a home warrenty with this company they will cheat you and rip you off.

Thelma
Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2006 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/internet/American-Home-Shield-ripoff-home-repair-Internet-191241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield