Complaint Review: American Home Shield

• Reported By: Disgusted customer — sodus Michigan USA
American Home Shield
Nationwide USA

American Home Shield Rip-off Run Around Nation wide Nationwide

American Home Shield is a fraudulent, deceptive scam that misrepresents the "product" (a home warranty) they are selling and then doesn't come through when the home owner, who thought they bought some assistance/protection, needs help. Their colorful 8 x 10 glossy brochure says it will "relieve you of frustration and uncertainties" instead they increases your frustration and lead you on by not returning calls in a timely fashion while your repairs sit and your inconvenience mounts. These bastards have the tiny people on the front line try to wear you down with their robot responses "I'm sorry this is not a covered item," and "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Hell, you didn't help me with anything yesterday, today and it ain't gonna happen tomorrow either.

Mine was an electrical problem and for a week I worried about another possible fire which was narrowly averted because I had a handy man working in the basement when the "meltdown" occured and smoke filled the room.  They carefully "cherry pick" their words to make what you have happening not fit their shitty coverage.  "Oh, we don't pay for that." Well, the brochure says: "Same level of coverage across all packages."  What that means is the same level of RIP OFF across all packages, so no matter what you pay your are still going to be ripped off. First they couldn't find a technician (electrician) in my area who was even willing to work with them.  When I waited 24 hours (before I could get my own) they then found a million reasons why what he said and how he said it wasn't covered.  I am sure they will never work with them again. They were as frustrated as I was.  Then when I had him call back and use the exact words from their brochure as the minion on the line told me to do--it was the same outcome.  I asked the next employee if it was worth selling her soul to work for these assholes  and do their dirty work.

The only thing I regret is not asking instead to just get my money back.  I would welcome being part of a class action suit. If there is an attorney out there who would be interested in my testimony I would be willing to write a deposition or even appear at a hearing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2016 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shield/nationwide/American-Home-Shield-Rip-off-Run-Around-Nation-wide-Nationwide-1288142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shield