Complaint Review: American Home Shields

• Updated: Fri, April 18, 2014

• Reported By: Toni — Hutchinson Island Florida
American Home Shields
Nationwide USA

American Home Shields AHS Air Conditioner not working-repair co. never showed or called. This has been going on for 3 weeks! Mephis Tennessee

April 5, 2014 - Called American Home Shields spoke to a Customer Service agent stating my A/C was not cooling.  It had not been working for 2 days.  The agent said the air condition repair contractor would be calling me in approx. 48 hours.  The name of the company was: AAA All Brands Air Conditioning.

April 7 - A/C repairman called and stated he would be servicing my a/c on Tues, April 8 @4:00 PM.

April 8 - No Show.  The a/c repair man never called that day or any other day.

April 12 - Called AHS again.  Agent stated she would find another repair service and would give me an update within 24          hours.  She never called again nor did another repairman call to make an appointment.

April 15 - Called AHS again @4:50 PM spoke to Keesha. Explained the situation. No one has contacted me concerning my A/C.  I requested a Cash Voucher for repairs since AHS was unable to produce a repair service. Wante dto speak to a supervisors because I wanted my $75 service fee waived due to the extenuating circumstances.

April 18 - Called AHS again @4:00 PM spoke to Amanda - she was extremely helpful. Amanda gave me the information in order for me to receive a "Cash Voucher" plus the mailing address in order for me to file a complaint. Also wanted a supervisor to call me.  Amanda stated all of the supervisors were in a meeting and she would give the information for me to be called.

@5:30 PM - I called our condo manager requesting a trustworthy A/C repair service. I called this person 7 he will do a diagnostic check on my system tomorrow morning. He will have to call AHS to get approval to do the repair work before he can make the corrections.

@9:30 PM - Howard Anthony Griffin called, Supervisor of Customer Service, to discuss the situation. He said he was sorry. I requested a waiver of the $75 service fee. He stated he could not do this. It was never done.  I reminded him the last time I had an A/C issue it was waived. I asked to speak to his Manager -he said he was not avaiable. Asked him the Manager's name -he said, "I don't have that answer". Asked tfor the CEO of AMS-same reply. Finally, instead of hanging up on me, he transfered me to his Voice Mail.

This company had a Class Action Lawsuite against them several years ago....not surprising!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Home-Shields/nationwide/American-Home-Shields-AHS-Air-Conditioner-not-working-repair-co-never-showed-or-called-1140019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Home Shields