Complaint Review: American Homes 4 Rent

• Updated: Sun, August 31, 2014

• Reported By: kmac — Mooresville North Carolina
American Homes 4 Rent
Nationwide USA

American Homes 4 Rent LIES FALSE LEASES Lies, cover up, doesn't hold terms of lease Nationally Nationwide

American Homes 4 Rent...they sign a lease and then they don't hold to the lease when the terms are no longer beneficial to them.

Have a lease that auto renewed for a 3 month period with a 3% increase. Well, they sent me an email telling me they were terminating my lease...4 days before it they thought it was expiring. When in reality it has autorenewed 45 days prior because neither myself or them gave a 45 day notice. When I pointed this out they backdated a email and said they cancelled my lease 45 days ago.

I had spoken with the leasing agent prior to that time and was assured it autorenewed. I also spoke with the property manager that said they were trying to get more money out of people that autorenewed but to never tell them she told me so. I am a real estate broker and understand real estate law so she confided.

At this time they have strongarmed me into signing a 30 day lease with a $250 increase this month and with a $400 increase next month. The new lease allows them to enter my home at any time they deem "reasonable" as well as other not normal leasing requirement...because they know I cannot move before tomorrow, Sept. 1.

I will be reporting them to the real estate commission but beyond that I just see them doing this to people all over the usa and want anyone to see this to not even consider them. They update the homes so they look beautiful, but at this point I will move out in 30 days, have no where to go, but rather live in a box than give them another penny.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2014 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Homes-4-Rent/nationwide/American-Homes-4-Rent-LIES-FALSE-LEASES-Lies-cover-up-doesnt-hold-terms-of-lease-Natio-1173561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Homes 4 Rent