Complaint Review: American Homes 4 rent

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: wildcritter — Walls Mississippi
American Homes 4 rent
30601 W.Agoura Rd.suite # 200 Agoura Hills, California USA

American Homes 4 rent or AH4R Company is a rip-off ! Uses people to get investors!! Agoura Hills California

AH4R made an offer on my home ( they came to me, I did not go to them ). They put up $5000.00 earnest money to be held by THEIR lawyers, contingent on the home inspection. The day of inspection, I was told the house looked great and all it needed was a carpet cleaning and a little paint. He said there should be no problem at closing. He said that unless there is $15,0000.00 or more worth of repairs,there should be NO REASON for the company to back out of the deal ( I have read horrible reports about how they get close to closing, and then back out at the last minute).He told me to enjoy my new home.4 days after the inspection,my realtor informed me that they were backing out because of THE INSPECTION??? They sent me a list of everything that had to be repaired,replaced, or cleaned. My house is MOVE IN ready, I had an inspection done prior to them making an offer,and again, everthing was fine.So the only reason they would LIE about my house, is so they could recover the earnest money that they had given to THEIR lawyer to hold. I DON'T recommend this company to any sellers,renters, or investors. They are nothing but a huge rip-off!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Homes-4-rent/Agoura-Hills-California-91301/American-Homes-4-rent-or-AH4R-Company-is-a-rip-off-Uses-people-to-get-investors-Agou-1093013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Homes 4 rent