Complaint Review: American Homeworks Corp

• Updated: Fri, March 08, 2013

• Reported By: planedoc42 — silver spring Maryland United States of America
American Homeworks Corp
16808 Oak Hill Rd silver spring, Maryland United States of America

American Homeworks Corp John Hall had my Roof done in 2003, Horrible job, cut my phone and REFUSES to fix or reimburse me for damages done silver spring, Maryland

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal

In 2003 i got my roof replaced, first he cut my phone line, and stuck me paying the phone co. Than after 6 years i started having trouble again with the roof i called him John Hall since he owns American Homeworks the original co that replaced the roof. I had water getting passed the cheap shingles he use and NOT the ones i paid extra for. The 20 pieces of wood i paid him to replace under the shingles NEVER was done. (He actually did replace 5 pieces) BUT not the 20 i payed for.

After i called him he than argued with me and said he refuses to come back because i charged him for the phone line his men cut. (I had the phone co verify the it was cut at the top of the far wall where the house alarm attached to the siren in the attic which proves i couldn't have cut it)

After all he charged me and the written guarantee that he gave me for 10 years (i now know is not worth the paper he wrote it on) and for him to REFUSE to fix damages his co caused is horrendous and When anyone reading this goes to either replace or fix there Roof or anything on there house i would defiantly steer clear of "American HomeWorks and the owner John Hall.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Homeworks-Corp/silver-spring-Maryland-20905/American-Homeworks-Corp-John-Hall-had-my-Roof-done-in-2003-Horrible-job-cut-my-phone-an-843495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Homeworks Corp

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

This is John of AHC. Please note that this customer states in his first paragraph that he was stuck paying for the cut phone line. In the second paragraph he says he charged me for the cut phone line. You cannot have it both ways.

When you say things that are not true you may trip up here and there. This customer invented problems because he did not want to pay the amount we agreed upon. At one point he wanted to be compensated for a trip to the hospital because he stepped on a nail while the job was in progress. He could not show me a wound or a hospital bill. He never mentioned it to any of the workers on the job.

In the end he did not pay a substantial portion of the bill for his new roof.  My contract states there is no warranty if there is a balance owed on the job. When the customer called six years after the work was done with the complaint "the roof does not look right" I offered to service the roof under the warranty if he was willing to pay his balance. The homeowner took his complaint to the Better Business Bureau who launched an investigation. I proved my case to the Better Business Bureau and the complaint was closed.