• Report: #200643

• Submitted: Wed, July 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 31, 2006

• Reported By:Carlsbad California
American Income Life - AIL
Oberlin Drive San Diego, California U.S.A.

American Income Life - AIL Ripoff BE VERY SUSPICIOUS OF JOB INTERVIEWS AND OFFERS San Diego California

Rip-off Report Investigation: American Income Life / National Income Life join Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program and submit to independent investigation. American Income Life / National Income Life pledges to resolve all legitimate complaints and address any issues from the past, present and in the future. Waco Texas, Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: I Saw the Advertisement at the State Job Service Office

*Consumer Comment: Thank Goodness

*Consumer Suggestion: Key words to look for...To avoid this altogether..

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Thank U, Thank U, Thank U !!!!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Thank U, Thank U, Thank U !!!!

*Consumer Comment: Thank Goodness For The Rip Off Site

*Consumer Suggestion: ah, the ole "dress sharp and crisp copy of your resume" routine

I too received an email from AIL claiming they got it off of Monster.com and that I had just what they were looking for and could potentially make more than $60k in my first year. Intrigued by the salary, I followed the lead further.

Luckily, I did more indepth research on AIL since their company website had minimal information. I stumbled upon this website and found over 50 statements. I was so shocked to read what others went through because I heard much of the SAME EXACT dialogue from the HR representative who I spoke to. I found it odd that he told me that I should "dress professionally" and that I should bring in "a crisp new resume." When I spoke to the HR Rep at AIL, I asked what the job title was and he would not answer that question directly. He only beat around the bush by saying we will train you to be a manager. Like so many others, I was told to plan on a 2 1/2 hour interview. They are reading off of a script!!

After reading the messages posted, I decided that I would never have anything to do with a company like this and called to cancel my interview. When I called, I could not reach the HR rep NOR could I leave a voicemail. The receptionist took down my message. I read this same scenario on another woman's posting. Fishy, huh??

My advise to others: DON'T GO THROUGH WITH IT. I'm so happy I never went through with the interview.

Jessica
Carlsbad, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2006 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Income-Life-AIL/San-Diego-California-92121/American-Income-Life-AIL-Ripoff-BE-VERY-SUSPICIOUS-OF-JOB-INTERVIEWS-AND-OFFERS-San-Dieg-200643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Income Life - AIL

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Greg - (U.S.A.)

I was called about an interview with this supposed co. and was given no information about experience requirement/qualification/salary expectation/job descripton. I was told that my resume was received by them for a job that I hadn't even applied for. When I questioned, I was told that there was complete training for the job being asked of me.

All I was given is an address and a time to complete an interview. When, as unforseen circustances prohibited, I called to reschedule my interview I called the number that had called my contact phone. To my suprise it was some woman's cell phone who had no idea what I was calling about. I was told to dress in "business professional attire" and bring "ample copies of my resume as multiple executives would be reviewing them". I have worked for a co. like this before and I'm not proud of it. I got out right as I realized that it wasn't something that was good for the consumer or myself. I am truly sorry for anyone that has been taken advantage of by people like this and hope that in the future legislation will be passed to prevent these kind of cannibalistic practices.

To end a bad subject on a good note, I will be going to the interview in shorts & a T-shirt. I will be explaining to everyone else that is waiting for a so-called "interview" to stop wasting their time b/c there is a job market out there teeming with exuberance for young professionals that actually pay for the work performed.

Thank you to those whom have spoken out on this site to warn us of the predetorial business ethics of the individuals that run this operation.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I Saw the Advertisement at the State Job Service Office

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

They were looking for HR Managers. As this was my background, I applied and sent my resume. I was called back and invited to a personal interview. I showed up and was led to a room with about 15 other candidates.

Not totally suspicious yet, I've had group interviews where there are teams of employer representatives interviewing one candidate at a time. However, we were put in a closed room and given a canned speech that went on and on and on....strangely enough, nothing about Human Resources material.

As I had attended this "interview" on my lunch period from a real job, I just got up and said that this was taking too long, I had no interest in this and walked out. I was the first to walk, but not the last, as I was leaving the parking lot, a couple others had walked out behind me. I wonder why the others stayed?

AUTHOR: Bigdaddy - (U.S.A.)

I too nearly fell victim to this company's scam. I was suspicious of the way the call for the interview came and the vagueness of the answers I recieved and they stole my resume off of Monster. Because I was suspicious I logged on and stumbled across this website and then read all the responses! Thanks for taking the time to warn others and saving me the aggravation.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Key words to look for...To avoid this altogether..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

This is a very common scam. Here is how you avoid being sucked in.

At the very first contact, always be "in the middle of something", tell them you need a phone# and will call them back in 30 minutes. Get a name. NOW, when you call back, pay particular attention to how the phone is answered. Is it answered in a business name? If not, HANG UP.

If it is, go to the next step. Take control of the conversation politely. Be specific and do not accept vague answers. Ask what the SALARY is. If the rep comes back with " all of our reps make $60k a year" or "you can easily make $60k your first year", etc..These are major warning signs. You need to come back with a direct question. "Is this a $60K/year SALARY"? "Do I get paid MY SALARY while in training"? What benefits are included in this position and when do they start?

DO NOT ACCEPT vague answers. AND, DO NOT ever stay for an "interview" if it is a group interview or "orientation". NO professional position paying a salary will EVER do a group interview. It just doesn't happen.

I walk out and tell everyone that is walking in that it is a scam. I also tell them that I didn't appreciate being lied to and having my time wasted.

Be as rude as you can, as this is the only thing these morons will understand. I always like when some "executive" that is "interviewing" me has a poor command of the english language and is wearing the Wal-Mart wardrobe along with the $3 flea market plastic watch, etc.. Or dress pants and tennis shoes..These are all items I have encountered. What a joke. Especially in the MLM business, the motto is "fake it 'til you make it".

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Thank U, Thank U, Thank U !!!!

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Jessica...I was also setup for the same scenerio this coming Wednesday up here in Northern California, and after reading what u and all of these other previous postings; I am more than horrified by what I have spent hours reviewing this evening!

I am definitely taking your advice & will call to cancel my "so called" interview for this upcoming opportunity.

I just find it hard now to believe anything further! I am absolutely amazed at all of these postings and what people are saying about American Income Life.

Wow..all I can say, is thanks for your most current posting and I'm feeling the same way. To much hype for so little return on time and investment.

Is there anything real out there? Please let me know.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Thank U, Thank U, Thank U !!!!

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Is there anything real out there? Please let me know.

AUTHOR: Ressie - (U.S.A.)

Hi,I received a call from a recruiter for AMI, and I tell you I must be good because I knew it was a scam, for starters the recruiter couldn't explain the position to me other than it was a Managers position,and she didn't know the starting salary that they were offering.

When I asked the question she said she didn't know how much the salary was, and her excuse was because she was from HR she received my resume and was aked to call me in for an interview,I thought to my self if you are recruiting for a position shouldn't you know the salary that is being offered.

Anyway she asked me if I would be willing to come in for an interview on Friday I told her I would consider it but I needed a little more information on the position because I didn't want to waste my time or theirs time, anyway I ended up letting her schedule me for interview for this Friday.

And guess what she didn't know the complete address to where I would to where the interview would be taking place. She knew the building and the city but not the zip code, which I asked her for so that I could go on MapQuest to get the directions, and her excuse was they weren't on MapQuest because they were a New Company.

Then I thought to myself what does map Quest got to do with them being a new company, that comment just didn't make any sense to me because I am sure they are not the only business in that area. I just knew they were a scam! I not going cancel my interview I am just not going to show up.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

ah, the ole "dress sharp and crisp copy of your resume" routine

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

This pile of fecal matter must be standard fare for the AIL puppets doing the recruiting. Id heard the same drivel 8 months ago here in rhode island from these pinheads. The slick talking recruiter named jay from the warwick RI office caught me on my cell phone on a busy day and I fell for it.

My "interview" was one for the ages. Lots of questions by me but no answers from jay the used car salesman. Then jim jones lookalike dave zophin waddles in with his "what do we have to do to sell you a car today" speech and hands me a script longer than the warren report to memorize before my next meeting.

Then I found rip off report and the rest is history.

justify