Complaint Review: American Independent Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Tue, January 19, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, January 19, 2010

• Reported By: Andreas — Willow Grove Pennsylvania United States of America
American Independent Insurance Co.
1000 River Rd Ste 300, Conshohocken, PA, 19428-244 Conshohocken, Pennsylvania United States of America

American Independent Insurance Co. caused suspension of registration of my vehicle by reporting to Pennsylvania DOT without ANY previous warnings / reports to me Conshohocken, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: This is not abnormal

Due to American Independent Insurance Co. my vehicles registration was suspended today. They reported to the Pennsylvania DOT that they cancelled my car insurance due to my failure to pay at time. I was NEVER billed, informed or warned by American Independent Insurance Co. for the relevant period of time before that cancellation took place. Im from Germany and living/ working now in the USA and Im absolutely NOT used to this kind of treatment by any professional business/ organization. I usually pay all my bills at time (if I get a bill!). And if I would forget (which could happen, since we all are human beings) I would get at least a reminder. Anyway - I lost my registration now for 3 month - which is just unnesseccary pain. I dont understand why they couldnt inform me instead of informing the PDOT - I would have paid the payment immediately!!!
For sure I will never deal with this insurance company anymore in my whole life! And I wouldnt recommend it to anybody else!
By the way: I made my contract with them only under some pressure timewise to get my registration - in case somebody is wondering why I signed up with them at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2010 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Independent-Insurance-Co/-Conshohocken-Pennsylvania-19428-2440/American-Independent-Insurance-Co-caused-suspension-of-registration-of-my-vehicle-by-rep-557042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Independent Insurance Co.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This is not abnormal

AUTHOR: Lyista - (USA)

Insurance companies are required to tell the DOT of your state if your insurance is cancelled. When you sign up for insurance, you are told of your due dates. If you don't pay this, your policy will be cancelled. The Dept of Ins in PA doesn't require a company to extend your due date past the date it is due;they can just cancel it. If you were out of the country, it would have been in your best interest to notify them in advance and pay your bill, or ask for an extention if possible.
So to sum up what I'm saying, what AII is doing is completely legal in your state.