Complaint Review: American Inter Continental University

• Submitted: Sun, February 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, February 28, 2006

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
American Inter Continental University
5550 Prairie Stone Parkway Suite 400 Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

AIU American InterContinental University ripoff Hoffman Estates Illinois

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: AIU is a rip off

When I enrolled in AIU. I ask them on several occassions if my financial aid would cover the cost of the school. They told me it would. After my enrollment and a few weeks of school. I was called and was told it wasnt enough.

I told them after taking my financial aid for 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 (grant and loan) that I could not afford another 5000.00. So they kick me out of school.

I dont understand how they could take the financial aid money for me only being in class for a couple of weeks. Now I am in a situation where I cant go to school because I took the money and I have to pay it back for years of not attending.

Gwendolyn
Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2006 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Inter-Continental-University/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/AIU-American-InterContinental-University-ripoff-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-178195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Inter Continental University

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AIU is a rip off

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

I was excepted into the school they recieved my unoffical transcripts told me that they would except 38 of my community college credits and just 2 classes left of finishing my AA degree in Business Management they said they decided not to except my prior credits and I would have to continue more courses. Where are their ethics?! I had been given grants and yet they used my student loan money before using the grant money so, when I told them I wouldnt continue my schooling with them because of there blundering, I never did get to use the grants just ended up having a 9000 bill for nothing. The two 5 week courses that you take at a time are very demanding with not much help from your teachers. They dont allow for Thanksgiving break or any other holiday. They will say anything to get you started and then just leave you holding a bill with nothing to show for it.