Complaint Review: American InterContinental University Online

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2007

• Reported By:Little Hocking Ohio
American InterContinental University Online
5550 Prairie Stone Parkway Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

American InterContinental University Online Financial fraud Hoffman Estates Illinois

I have just recently found out that AIU Online is on probabation and is having a review coming up this year. I have been trying to contact the financial aid about where I had sent in all the information they had need and they said they had made changes to it and had complete it. When I had went and looked over my financial aid it is saying $0.00 when I know I am eligeble for it. I think this school is not just taking my money they are also doing it to other people.

I had been contacting them about the whole thing and they never respond unless I ask a question like I just did the other day. I wrote them asking about the student loans if I had canceled it if they would pay all that back and financial aid would cover the cost, because I did get approved for financial aid in the beginning, but it's like they are not really paying anything its the loans. They wrote back telling me that if I was to cancel the loans that I would have to pay over $10,000 where does my financial aid come in?, to me that is way to expensive for schooling especally for the first part. The whole program cost is over $19,000.

I don't have any doubts in my mind that this is fraud. I had talked to one of my friends who in a traditional school and said that her sermester does not cost no where near that much only like $900 so you tell me something is not right here. I have been trying to contact a lawyer to try to handle this situation and they said that is sounds to them it is fraud. I would really like to get a lawsuit against them and get anyone else involved on it if this is happening to other people.

Don't let this school take you for everything you got and get away with it. It has been causing me a large amount of stress on me. So I'm asking please help me out here.

Little Hocking, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2007 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-InterContinental-University-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois/American-InterContinental-University-Online-Financial-fraud-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-271039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American InterContinental University Online