Complaint Review: American InterContinental University

• Updated: Thu, February 09, 2012

• Reported By: Samantha — Margate Florida United States of America
American InterContinental University
2250 North Commerce Parkway Weston, Florida United States of America

American InterContinental University AIU Sold False Dreams and Enslaved me to Debt "FOREVER" Weston, Florida

*General Comment: I FEELYOU!!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: reply

*Consumer Comment: Reality

*Author of original report: Reply to Consumer Jeanski

*Consumer Comment: comment

I attended AIU's 4years Information Technology program starting from 2003 and ending in December 2006. Just like many others who's family is unable to financially assist with there childs education, I jumped at the chance to better myself. AIU made it sound so good that I didnt see it comeing at first I was just so happy to get a chance to be the first college graduate in my family that I only focused on getting good grades and getting that degree then fishy things start to happen that at the time I did not understand but thought it was good for me, whenever my tuition reinbursement checks were presented to me AIU would say to me put the money back into your education and ask me to sign the checks back over to them, and I did like a dummy. Now that Im a little older and a little weiser I now understand what they were doing. That money was rightfully mines to be spent on me, it too was borrowed money that I am paying back still and will be paying back for the rest of my life. On top of it I was quoted the IT program would cost $30,000 to $50,000 and I recently went to AIU and picked up a copy of my original loan paper work and I see $95,000 owed now after interest and late fees $128,000 owed bassed on a couple of medical students I talk to thats how much they are payimg for the pre-med program, good god are these people seriouse!.............Since I graduated from AIU I have been on uncountable interviews and have not received one job due to no hands on experience, I get the same answers everytime I go see the career advisors there "sell yourself" "market yourself", no job placement is available so fat chance for hands on.

I must admit thow they sent me on an internship but the only problem with that was, it was for a research position at a TV station, Im a IT student what in the world was I going to learn about IT doing research, AIU is a thief and deserved to be sued. There is lawsuit that was filed against AIU's main office in Buckhead Atlanta by 4 ex-financial aid employees back in 2009/2010 proving that AIU were robbing students...story goes example: classes cost $2000 per semester AIU would tell students it cost $4000, AIU pocket $2000 out of the $4000 but the student would foot (owe) the whole $4000 which is what I feel in my soul happen to me, I cant proove it "yet" but I will try my best too, I spoke to the lawyer who represent the 4 ex-employees she told me to persue suite in my own state please google the story urself. I might be to late for the class action suite Jessica mention if so Im persuing a law suit on my own, if its not to late Im so in!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2012 04:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-InterContinental-University/Weston-Florida-33326/American-InterContinental-University-AIU-Sold-False-Dreams-and-Enslaved-me-to-Debt-FOREVE-816721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American InterContinental University

#1 General Comment

I FEELYOU!!!!!!

AUTHOR: PrettyJ717 - (United States of America)

Hello, I went to AIU also.... Send me an email so we can speak about this lawsuit. Maybe I can offer you some assistance in this situation. Thanks prettyj717@yahoo.com

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

When you post on ROR you leave an impression on readers based on two things: whether we believe what you say actually happened, and how well you communicate the problem.

I believe what you wrote about the possibility of financial aid fraud. It will be hard to prove since you apparently didn't keep records ("I recently went to AIU and picked up a copy of my original loan paper work...").

In terms of your communication skills, it doesn't matter what instrument you used. Those of us who are regular readers recognize the occasional typo. Your diatribe is so full of errors one has no choice but to think you're not well educated.

As for the lawsuits, I've been able to find two. The one you mentioned hasn't had much publicity. All I could find was an article in the Atlanta Journal.  No update since 2009.  Even so, I seriously doubt the lawsuit has "proven" anything (as you stated).  So far I believe the plaintiffs have made charges that are still be examined.  The second suit (not "suite" as you typed) was a class action brought about by four students for many of the same claims you make. The case was lost for lack of evidence, and it was lost again on appeal (Diallo v. AIU; http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ga-court-of-appeals/1503416.html).

Reality

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I hope you're aware that what you post here now is a permanent record of your writing ability.  It's available world wide and prospective employers will have access to it.  Employers are increasingly going to the Internet for information relating to new applicants.

Everyone makes typo's but you really should strive to do a good job when you post something the entire world has access to.  I certainly make mistakes (you may find something here) but I really try to do a good job. The fact that you apparently wrote it with a phone is not a good excuse for poor quality writing.  It's just an excuse.

Besides, your short temper and snarky attitude does not do you any good either.

Just something to think about

Reply to Consumer Jeanski

AUTHOR: Samantha - (United States of America)

This report was written on a cell phone not on a labtop or desktop; so accidents were bound to happen.

I didn't write this report as an assignment to be graded. And if it wasn't coherent; how did you understand that I wasn't able to obtain a job after attending the school? If you walked in my shoe or any of us shoes who's in this sittuation the post would be very coherent to you, until then you'r just blowing hot air Jeanski!

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

The real rip off here is that they let you graduate without teaching you how to communicate effectively (i.e., spell, write a coherent sentence, etc.).

If you're an example of the caliber of their graduates, it's no wonder you can't get a job.