killing

Complaint Review: American Intercontinental University (AIU online)

• Submitted: Wed, May 25, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, May 25, 2011

• Reported By: katkeef — Dover Pennsylvania United States of America
American Intercontinental University (AIU online)
5550 Prarie Stone Parkway suite 400 hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

American Intercontinental University ,AIU online, This school does not benefit people with learning disabilities. hoffman Estates, Illinois

I was contacted by AIU, and I was already looking into taking classes. they were on the bal with all the paperwork, So I went with them. They gave me no testing, Just through me right into classes. I tried explaining to each teacher that I have a learning disability and no one seemed to care. I made complaints and was told deal with the teacher, we can't help you. When I threatened to leave, they threatened to take me to court for moneys they were already paid. So, needless to say, I am pissed, I failed half the classes due to comprehension issues. Barely a 9 credit transfer is available and they have sucked me dry for over $11,000., they shove the classes down your throat, one assignment has nothing to do with another. Each class is a jumbled mess, Ive seen better structure in a kindergarden class. I actually started to wonder if teachers taught more than one class, and they just changed the name. I took English and was told I did good and wrote beautifully, then went on to the next class where I was told the total opposite,, Teachers are all over the place with teaching preference. Please do not sign up with this school, they are over priced and are not willing to work with their students. I am a single mom and now in deeper debt thanks to these guys. I was trying to get a degree so I would be able to have a foot hold in the working world, trying to ,make a better life for my daughter and I. AIU took advantage of me, and my finances. I can only hope this will help spare someone else of the troubles they have given me...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Intercontinental-University-AIU-online/hoffman-Estates-Illinois-6092/American-Intercontinental-University-AIU-online-This-school-does-not-benefit-people-wit-732922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Intercontinental University (AIU online)