Bob

• Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By: summatyme — fairburn Georgia United States of America
American Intercontinental University Online
Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

American Intercontinental University Online AIU Online LIARS AND THIEVES Hoffman Estates , Illinois

*Consumer Comment: comment

I started at aiu online in 2005 I quit attending because it was no good for me.  I could never recieve any help and my questions were never answered.  Here we are 6 years later I am ready to attend the 2 year school in my area.  I send off my transcript request and i receive a phone call from AIU they say I owe 560 dollars?  I was shocked I had just paid 8,000 in loans and had to repay 2500 to grants.  I did not believe I owed them this money so I contact a hundred people and they all say they sent me an email in 06 so I asked since they know that then i asked them to resend it.  Of course they dont  have a copy of it.  I am sure if i owed some one money I would be informed not only with an email but a paper copy as well right?  So then I ask for all the financial information amounts due owed paid from beginning to end they said they would email it, never did.  My due date to my current school was coming close so i just gave AIU the money since I had it I am not going to allow them to hold me back anymore.  So i continue to ask for the information still have not received it.  So after I paid them i was told it would take 24 hours then my hold would be dropped over 24 hours later it is still on hold i contact someone they said ok by tomorrow it would dropped.  So i give them 2 days knowing how terrible they are with deadlines AND ITS STILL not dropped.  Finally 5 days after I paid them my money they drop the hold.  I send my request I call the next day to make sure they received it and i was told they shredded it how rude right?   So I am angry as a pitbull by now.  I complained to everyone possible at aiu online but they show no concern.  Finally I request my transcript and they took my 10 dollars out of my account that day on April 7th.  I was told allow 7-10 days here we are April 20th still no transcripts I am out 570 no answers for my complaints not even an apology for all the distress the lies and the rudeness.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2011 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Intercontinental-University-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/American-Intercontinental-University-Online-AIU-Online-LIARS-AND-THIEVES-Hoffman-Estates--719941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Intercontinental University Online

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I'm afraid I don't have any constructive advice to offer you, but I do hope your post will serve as a warning to other students.  ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS stay on top of your financial aid.  It's not that difficult.  The school charges "x" amount in tuition.  You've been awarded "x" amount in loans.  The math isn't hard, but it is the STUDENT'S responsibility to stay on top of this.

I am curious about the grants though.... grants don't have to be paid back.

You might want to consider contacting an attorney to see if s/he can light a fire under AIU and get a complete financial statement of what you were truly responsible for.