Complaint Review: American Intercontinental University Online

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2007

• Reported By:tacoma Washington
American Intercontinental University Online
aiuonline.edu/ Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

American Intercontinental University Online Charged me for classes I never took Hoffman Estates Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Reading Is Fundamental

I decided to further my education in 2004 so I signed up with AIU online. I did one quarter with the school and had a feeling that it was all a scam and I didn't want to waste valuable time with a no-good college. I called them up and told them I won't be attending the next quarter. They said it's too late they already sent out my books ( I NEVER RECIEVED ANY BOOKS FOR THAT NEXT QUARTER). I told them I would send the books back when I get them but I want no more part of this school.

Here I am almost four years later and AIU has been paid from the stafford loan company for the quarter I never attended. Now I owe for a 6000 dollar loan and AIU won't give the loan people back their money. When I call AIU I get the run around. I wouldn't even mind paying for the loan if it was for my use but I'm in college right now and not only can I not get a stafford loan but my credit is all jacked up. If I knew what to do to sue them I really would but this is a scam school.

Pavielle
tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2007 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Intercontinental-University-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60192/American-Intercontinental-University-Online-Charged-me-for-classes-I-never-took-Hoffman-Es-273694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Intercontinental University Online

Reading Is Fundamental

AUTHOR: Anonymous Advisor - (U.S.A.)

It is unfortunate that you have not had a pleasant experience with AIU Online. However, your subject of your post contradicts your complaint. First you say that you were charged for never attending classes. Then you say that you only took classes for a quarter. Therein lies the reason why you were charged. YOU attended the school for one academic quarter. Therefore, YOU are responsible for the tuition. This would be the case at any university, not just AIU Online.

Additionally, that YOU have defaulted on YOUR student loan is also YOUR fault. When YOU signed off on YOUR financial aid package (and don't say that YOU didn't, because YOU did), YOU also had to sign a master promissory note, which stipulates that if YOU do not complete YOUR program for which YOU have received federal funds, YOU still must repay the funds that YOU used.

See the recurring theme here?