Complaint Review: American International Storage Company

• Submitted: Sun, December 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:North Miami Beach Florida
American International Storage Company
1961 Ne 164th St North Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.

American International Storage Company Allowed someone to steal all of my possessions! North Miami Beach Florida

I have had items from my home and my father's estate in this storage facility since October 2006. The last time I was there was in October of this year. Today I went by there to pick up a box of old photographs and my code wouldn't work. I called the company and they said my bin was empty and had been closed out on December 3. I certainly didn't call them, have never let anyone use my bin, and still have the key in my possession.

I Want to see the tapes since this occurred only 4 days ago. I asked them to call the manager (it is Sunday) and I was told that no one can be reached on the week-end for any reason. I filed a police report and even the policeman found the whole thing to be strange. That bin is paid through the end of January so why would they lock me out anyway? Did they refund money? NO. The items were precious beyond the 20,000.00 value. There are heirlooms and pictures that cannot be replaced. Why wouldn't they just call me and verify that I was indeed closing out my storage.. just a phone call?

I want my stuff and sitting around waiting just gives the thief more time to get rid of my property.

Patricia
North Miami Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-International-Storage-Company/North-Miami-Beach-Florida-33162/American-International-Storage-Company-Allowed-someone-to-steal-all-of-my-possessions-Nor-398826. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American International Storage Company