Complaint Review: American Investment Bank

• Submitted: Mon, June 04, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, June 04, 2007

• Reported By:Cardington Ohio
American Investment Bank
200 E South Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

American Investment Bank Has continued to hurt my credit by continuing to report to the credit bureaus on a vehicle that was traded off on another vehicle 5 years ago. ripoff Salt Lake City Utah

In 2002 my late husband and I decided to purchase a new car. We then traded my vehicle and his vehicle in on this new one. At the time, I thought everything was done after signing all the nesessary paperwork. We turned the vehicles over to the dealer and went on our way.

My husband passed away in Nov. 2004, and I went in 2006 to purchase a vehicle. At that time this vehicle that we had traded in was not on my credit report.

I am now trying to purchase another vehicle and it has shown up on my report. It has the date on there when I purchased it it in 1998. And it says that it is still an open account. I have contacted the dealer that we traded it into and they are telling me they can't access their records for that far back to show if it was paid off.

I have tried contacting these people, but they tell me it could be up to 7-10 days before anyone will get back to me. It has been reported to two different agencys and I have no clue on how to get this taken off.

Has this happened to anyone else with this company? I think it is a shame that companies can do this to the consumers and continue to get away with it.

Teresa
Cardington, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2007 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Investment-Bank/Salt-Lake-City-Utah/American-Investment-Bank-Has-continued-to-hurt-my-credit-by-continuing-to-report-to-the-cr-252294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Investment Bank