Complaint Review: American Laser Centers - Brentwood TN

• Submitted: Mon, September 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 01, 2008

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
American Laser Centers - Brentwood TN
5111 Maryland Way, Suite 200 Brentwood, Tennessee U.S.A.

American Laser Centers Poor Results and Poor Service At American Laser Centers Brentwood, Tennessee

The nice things first: I have been going to the Brentwood office for over a year and a half and have never seen the office dirty. I work in an operating room and am over sensitive about dust and clutter. The staff is friendly.

Now the not so nice things: The over $4,000.00 I spent PLUS the time involved has not paid off in results and it is very disheartening. I am on my 8th hair removal treatment and have only seen a 40-50% reduction in hair. I can't justify the money I spent on under arms, full bikini, and leg(s) hair removal.

I was frustrated on my 6th visit when photos was taken of all areas (under arms, full bikini, and legs) to show progress of the hair removal. We are instructed to shave before our appointments at home because the laser will not work if the hair is there. They took photos of me after I shaved. How insane is that for them to take photos for progress after I shaved. Of course there is no hair there, I shaved with a razor.

Other issues, the phone goes to answering machine most of the time. I've left up to three messages over a 5 day window before someone called back. The first time this happen I thought it was just a temporary issue but have had similar thing happen several times in the last year and half.

The computer is "down" a lot so scheduling has been difficult at times. Their paper record keeping has been poor and some of the staff are not proficient with their computer skills as they spend 5 to 10 mins figuring out when my next appointment will be.

My appointments are every 7 weeks apart. However, scheduling conflicts with American Laser in Brentwood may make them 8 to 9 weeks apart. I'm not happy about that.

I've researched several medical journals that hair laser could be every 4 weeks apart but ALC has rejected this as acceptable practice.

Having poor results upsets me the most but second to that is: The technician swears she does not skip areas while applying the laser but she does. She should research "Two-Point Discrimination on skin". I (clients) can tell when areas are skipped and it takes away their creditability to insist otherwise. But I have over $4,000 invested in the hair package and I signed a contract so I have no recourse but to go back each time, go by their rules, and hope for the best.

My suggestions to anyone researching this: DO NOT GO TO AMERICAN LASER CENTERS. IT IS UNETHICAL WHAT THEY GET AWAY WITH.

Jane
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2008 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Laser-Centers-Brentwood-TN/Brentwood-Tennessee-37027/American-Laser-Centers-Poor-Results-and-Poor-Service-At-American-Laser-Centers-Brentwood-368732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Laser Centers - Brentwood TN