Complaint Review: American Laser Centers

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2008

• Reported By:dallas Texas
American Laser Centers
5757 Lovers Lane Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

American Laser Centers Never warned me that the treatment I was seeking should not be performed on an individual with my skin type. Dallas Texas

The treatment I was interested in was with a new machine called the Vela Shape. This new laser machine, was said to deliver more efficient results because it could reach higher infared energy than the older machine called the VelaSmooth. I was told it could tighten the skin on my underarms and also smooth the skin around my knees and thighs. I signed up for 20 treatments.

After eight treatments, the technician said she nor I could see any obvious improvements to my skin in these areas. I then had a new technician assigned to me who was a recent hire and had a weeks worth of training on the new laser machine. I told her during the treatment that the machine was burning me She said that if she turned down the radiofrequency any lower , I would't get results. After that treatment, my skin had brown spots all over my arms. The burning sensation went on for hours. I complained to the manager and that is when she suggested I start having the AFFIRM procedures.

The manager told me I should cease the treatments with the VelaShape and go with the machine called the AFFIRM which was only administered by a Registered Nurse (R.N.) At the initial interview with the R.N.,the nurse questioned why I would get results from this procedure because she had never performed this service to tighten the skin on any patients underarms or thigh area. The manager said it could be done. After two treatments, there was not any noticeable difference and the R.N. again suggested that I not do undergo any more treatments with this laser machine.

After that I called to find out what I should do about the remaining treatments and the manager said that the R.N. was in the hospital and wouldn't be available to continue the treatments. They had a second R.N. on staff, but I was told, she was sick and wouldn't be available for any treatments. At that point, I asked for a refund. I was told that they would send my informatiom to the regional director. I have never heard from anyone in their corporate office.

I have since read information from American Laser Centers that warns against applying the VelaShape Laser to anyone with thin or fragile skin. This is a directive officially from the corporate headquarters of American Laser. I was told by two of the technicians that I did have thin and fragile skin, and they were concerned about using laser on my skin.

dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2008 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Laser-Centers/Dallas-Texas-75209/American-Laser-Centers-Never-warned-me-that-the-treatment-I-was-seeking-should-not-be-perf-332157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Laser Centers