Complaint Review: American Laser Centers

• Submitted: Mon, June 22, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 22, 2009

• Reported By:Hialeah Florida
American Laser Centers
777 Arthur Godfrey Rd , Suite 300 Miami Beach, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 786-497-4660
  • Web:
  • Category: Clinics

American Laser Centers 'New Year Special' RIPOFF - REFUSE to deliver service and refund Miami Florida

On December 31, 2007, I was called by the Miami Beach clinic manager, Melissa, to offer me to upgrade my existing laser hair removal agreement to a full-body treatment for $1,000. The original agreement only included 6 laser hair removal treatments of underarms and bikini plus a 2-year warranty from the date of last treatment, which I had already paid $2,207.52 for in full (plus the finance charges on the credit card account). On February of 2008, I moved to Atlanta and transferred my paperwork to the Buckhead clinic, where I began full-body treatments and received no more than 4 treatments for a period of less than one year. On January of 2009, I moved back to Miami and transferred my paperwork back to the Miami Beach office in order to continue my treatments there and was told that their file only indicated that I was being treated for full legs, bikini, and underarms (not full body) and that they could not schedule me for a full body appointment. My sister, who had also signed up for the upgrade special and had to put her account on pregnancy freeze,' also called to unfreeze her account and begin her treatments and was told that they would not deliver the service because the sale was done outside company policy and should not have been done in the first place. They offered to refund the full $1,000 to her and refused to deliver the service. After speaking to several managers and other company employees, all of which gave me different excuses for not delivering the service nor refunding me the $1,000, I was finally transferred to a company attorney, Rhythm, who told me that they would simply not continue to treat me for full body and would not refund any of the money, claiming that I had already received the 6 full body treatments and that my contract did not specify a 2-year warranty.' I have not been able to speak to anybody else inside the company because they say that the case is closed on their end and there's nothing else they will do.

Hialeah, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2009 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Laser-Centers/Miami-Beach-Florida-33140/American-Laser-Centers-New-Year-Special-RIPOFF-REFUSE-to-deliver-service-and-refund-Mi-463698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Laser Centers