Complaint Review: American Law Firm

• Updated: Tue, April 17, 2012

• Reported By: Elsa Mora — middle village New York United States of America
American Law Firm
1600 North Broadway, Suite 700 Sant Ana, California United States of America

American Law Firm They are liars and thieves the only thing they do is steal your money Sant Ana, California

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree with the post above!

On December 2010, I contacted the American Law Firm, and I initially spoke to Joseph Shalaby,

Executive Director of the Firm,he convenced me that he will get  my loan modification if I pay him $3000 which I did, I was so desesperate, cause I am single mother and I didnt want to lose my house.

Over the course of 6 mths I supplied the American Law Firm with every piece of

documentation they asked for. The first Processor that was assigned to my case

was Susan Lopez, later was different people: Cassandra, Candice,Maria, Regina who was the supervisor at that moment(Last Name unknown)because they never provide me with the last names. Once a week I sent emails, phone calls, about the status of my loan modification, and only I received was NOT UPDATE MRS. MORA.

I also had a poor experience with American Law

Firm. They accepted payment upfront and did little to no legal work to get me a

loan modification. This is a violdation of SB94 which was inacted in 10/09 to

protect consumers against lawyers and Real Estate Agents. It clearly states

that no money can be charged/accepted upfront. On August 20,2011 I received a letter from this firma saying that they will not represent to me anymore and the case was close.  I been calling and send them emails, for an explanation, and getting my documents back, but nobody answer the phone not even emails.  I file a complaint with the Attorney General. Contact them at 1-800-952-5225. Also

report them to the FTC as they collect information and put together a class

action suit. Contact the FTC at 1-877-382-4357. Also, report them to the

California State Bar Loan Modification Task Force at 1-800-843-9053 or

www.calfar.ca.gov. Finally, you can request a Mandatory Fee Arbitration from

the Orange County Bar Association. Contact them at 949-440-6700 ext. 153

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Law-Firm/Sant-Ana-California-92706/American-Law-Firm-They-are-liars-and-thieves-the-only-thing-they-do-is-steal-your-money-S-789635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Law Firm

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree with the post above!

AUTHOR: myname - (United States of America)

I am seeing a couple names tied to the business: Joseph Shalaby and Korollos Shalaby. Joseph Shalaby has multiple listings of fraud on the internet ranging from mortgage refinancing, loan modification, and now false auditing services. I guess you can say bad habits are hard to quit.

"American Law Firm" at some point changed names and made a new website offering securitization auditing services. I cannot find any recent work bein perfored by Property Solutions Center, so I'm assuming they shortly went outof busines or are in hiding again. They were performing audits to find flaws in the ownership of mortgage notes tied to properties. In most cases, companies continually over-promise and under-deliver and then fly under the radar until disgruntled clients just fade away. They were tied with other companies to handle the loss mitigation or settling of cases prior to court, but I havent seen any evidence showing the audits had enough value to proceed with following step. I have spoken to multiple employees there, or past employees I guess you can say, that said they weren't being paid on time, continually received bounced checks, and were eventually fired or forced to quit. All of their numbers are disconnected, so I dont know how they could still be accepting files for their scheme to supposedly help homeowners.

I would not advise anyone to do business with this firm and if you hired them for representation, I would look to try and get your money back if work was not performed and then file suit with the attorney general in your state.

Their contact information shows offices in California, Nevada and Arizona, but the registration of the site is private, and it's only been around since August 9, 2011. (See Whois) So for all of its claims of what it tells you it would like to do for you, it has absolutely no track record on the web to indicate that it can actually do it. To the contrary. It's unknown to the Better Business Bureau. It is not registered with the Secretary of State as a lawful business entity in either Arizona or Nevada and does not match the particulars of a registered California business with a similar name