Complaint Review: American Legal Services

• Updated: Sun, November 20, 2011

• Reported By: Steve — Jasper Alabama United States of America
American Legal Services
222 Riverside, Ca Riverside, California United States of America

American Legal Services American Legal Services is a SCAM and EXTORSIONIST!!! Riverside, California

I am writng this report too share my scam experience with American Legal Services. I have read nearly identical horror stories about these scammers. I have open accounts with some payday advances. This man called from this so call company saying they were representing an attorney concerning my deliquent accounts. The man was hard to understand as he had a thick Indian accent, he actually used 2 different names but the same person non the less. He said I had obtained services under false pretense and loan payment was due. I was also told that I could be arrested if I didn't comply and pay a partial payment and the rest on a selected debt. I was told I would have to fax a letter apologizing for my neglegence and a copy of my I.D. I was then told to phone back and give them a credit card number to charge the first payment. I regret to say that I did.

He then called back to confirm using a different name. I was so upset and frightened because he had phoned my employer and talked brutally and told the receptionist " all the bad things that he would due to her" I work for a school system so the threat was taken serious. I was relived to find out this is a horrible scam and regretablly see others have faced nearly identical deceptions. I should mention he used the Attorney name of Haufman of Riverside, Ca. I feel so violated, I feel robbed, and tormented. I will do all in my power to see that the proper authorities investigate this scammer. I am filing a complaint with the FBI, Federal Trade Commision, and the Attorney General of California. I am going to let him know of the legal and just way that is being taken to cease his fraudulant actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2011 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Legal-Services/Riverside-California-/American-Legal-Services-American-Legal-Services-is-a-SCAM-and-EXTORSIONIST-Riverside-800231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Legal Services