Complaint Review: American Liberty Financial

• Submitted: Sun, October 01, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2009

• Reported By:Simpsonville South Carolina
American Liberty Financial
100 East Linton Blvd. Suite 500B Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

American Liberty Financial ripoff, fraudulent, stole my hard earned money, lied and cheated me Delray Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: You May Be Able to File a Complaint with Palm Beach County's Division of Consumer Affairs

*Consumer Suggestion: Small minded

*Author of original report: You really don't understand.

*Consumer Comment: It is very important to keep a level head

*Author of original report: American Liberty Fiancial is still being untruthful

This company claims to be a debt consolidation business, but all they do is take a down payment from you in excese of two thousand dollars and make alot of promises to you. They then take a thiry dollar a month maintance fee( for what I have yet to find out for). They took our money and have done nothing for us. They never call, write or send e-mails to update us on what is going on with our account. The creditors still call after being in the program for a year despite the fact that they state on their web site that once in their program they stop the calls immediately. That is a bold face lie and I have the proof. They have stopped taking the fee from our account and will not return our phone calls. I have repeatedly asked for my two thousand dollars to be refuned, but they refuse. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and when the company recieved the complaint a man by the name of James Lombardo e-mailed me and told me I better withdraw my complaint. I called him and told him no way. I asked him why they had stopped taking the fee and all communications from the company had ceased? He would not return my calls. Now I'm deeper in debt and they will not return my money when it is clear that THEY fractured the contract. I want my money back and I want EVERYONE to stay clear of this fradulant business.

Christine
Simpsonville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2006 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Liberty-Financial/Delray-Beach-Florida-33483/American-Liberty-Financial-ripoff-fraudulent-stole-my-hard-earned-money-lied-and-cheate-213697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Liberty Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: PBC Consumer Affairs - (U.S.A.)

If you have not already done so, you may be able to file a complaint with Palm Beach County's Consumer Affairs Division:

Palm Beach County Division of Consumer Affairs
50. S. Military Trail Suite #201
West Palm Beach, FL 33415

561-712-6600 (Direct - Ask for Investigator Daniel Dodson)
561-712-6610 (Fax)
www.pbcgov.com/consumer

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Small minded

AUTHOR: Debtkiller - (U.S.A.)

Christine,

I know more then you realize due to the fact that I too was a victim of James Lombardo. I also know due to the litigation surrounding everything that you claim to have happened. Remember something; there is your story, their story and the truth. People who generally post complaints on this type of web page are individuals that are equally or solely to blame, be it reasons of not understanding what they got into, getting in over their heads or they are just vindictive. I am sure that you realize that your halo is choking you.

If you knew anything about debt settlement you would not have hired them and done it by yourself. Instead you needed direction. The reason for my sarcasm is that I have read hundreds of posts from people like yourself that exaggerate everything. I looked there are not hundreds of posts against ALF. There are more against James Lombardo individually then against ALF. It appears that after his termination from ALF he tried to go it alone unsuccessfully. You are perpetuating a problem you created for well over two years. Instead of seeking misguided revenge that I am sure that you will not get, put your money into settling your affairs with your debtors.

Nothing happens to you darling unless you let it. Stop being the victim and act like an adult instead of a child.

DK

You really don't understand.

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

Debitkiller why does your comment strike a note of arrogance? The 2300.00 to be exact was paid upfront for service fees and the thirty dollars per month was for maintaince fees, not to maintain a bank account, or legal counsel. We personally were responsible for the agreed 625 per month to be placed in a bank account that WE set up. American Liberty broke ties with us contrary to your assumptions. So your bold statement as to that we broke the rules goes to show you that perhaps you have over stepped your boundries with your false sense of knowledge. As I will present in court the countless e-mails to American Liberty asking for an update on our accounts with no response. Cell and home phone records for two years showing the lack of communication on the part of ALF and please do not assume that they are photoshopped as they have come directly from the phone company to the court. By the way how do you know that they would have settled the issue with me? I have the written proof that indeed is a false statment on your end. You sound a little suspicious if you ask me, but then again it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you were with ALF. Maybe you should read the hundreds of complaints very similar to mine. Please in the future do not insult my intelliegence.

It is very important to keep a level head

AUTHOR: Debtkiller - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Lombardo was terminated from American Liberty for his activites. Rest asured if you contactd them with your issues they would have been more then happy to resolve them.

Thay are not a debt consolidation company, they are a debt settlement company. Consolidation is a loan, settlement resolves each card one at a time at pennies on the dollar.

Why did they take two grand from you? Hmm?? WQas it to get you started maybe? Since they were not lending you money? $30.00 a month... did you read your contract? I bet it was a monthly fee for services, like maintaing a bank account, legal or am I speaking out of turn? Sounds like you may have broken the contact by not agreeing to the terms. Lombardo may have been out of place but I gety the feeling you did not follow the rules.

American Liberty Fiancial is still being untruthful

AUTHOR: Christine - (U.S.A.)

I have had several correspondence with the BBB of Florida and Consumer Affairs in Florida,but this man by the name of James Lombardo continues to tell untruthful statements. The BBB of Florida on Sunday Jan.7,2007 had American Liberty Financial with an unsatisfactory rating then miracously on Jan.9,2007 that rating disappeared. I smell something fishy going on here. I have asked the BBB why the rating changed in three days. I have submitted overwhelming proof to all agencies as to the lies this man has told, but I seem to be getting no where. He has even threaten to take to court if I don't remove my complaint. I'm going to stand strong and not waiver because truth is on my side.