Complaint Review: American Locators Jim Whittaker

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Bo — Omaha Nebraska USA
American Locators Jim Whittaker
1531 Roswell Road Marietta, Georgia United States of America

American Locators Jim Whittaker CenterPointe Industries $6,000.00 Rippe Off Marietta, Georgia

Jim Whittaker accepted $6,000.00 to find 20 locations in Omaha, NE. He found three, all of which were unacceptable, and never returned to complete his contract. The money was paid in full on 9-29-2009. I even provided a hotel for his locators for three weeks to minimize his costs. The first locator stole a jacket and some boots from my home. The second locator, his "ace", had drinks with my new customer after a big location was agreed to. The next day, the new customer didn't ever want to hear from me or American Locators again and the "ace" returned home.

Jim claimed Omaha was locked up by local home boys and I would not get any locations without being willing to pay kick backs to the customer. I declined. He put me off through the winter using the snow as an excuse but when spring came he said he was too busy with new location contracts to get to me. I agreed to a refund of monies owed for services not provided at a rate of $500.00 a month. No money ever came and after 3 months of excuses, he invited me to sue him.

Steve Greene of CenterPointe Industries referred me to American Locators with glowing recommendations of his track record in the business. When I tried to contact Steve my calls and emails went unanswered.

I am going to hire an attorney to go after Jim and they are welcome to keep any monies they recover. There was an additional $3,500 in hotel rooms which they can also pursue. I hope this provides a warning to anyone thinking about doing business with American Locators or Jim Whittaker or Steve Greene.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Locators-Jim-Whittaker/Marietta-Georgia-30062/American-Locators-Jim-Whittaker-CenterPointe-Industries-600000-Rippe-Off-Marietta-Geo-789736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Locators Jim Whittaker