Complaint Review: American Marketing Media

• Reported By: D — Scottsdale Arizona
American Marketing Media
Internet USA

American Marketing Media Attempted Scam Internet

I Received a call from a company called American Marketing Media at 1pm this afternoon. The call came in from 303-968-3280 and had the caller ID tag of NCM.  The caller Claimed that I was responsible for $698 invoice for website marketing. I did not recognize the company name and the caller evidently did not have any of my personal information but wanted me to spell my first and last name so that they could verify a previous invoice.

The caller explained that the call would be recorded and told me that the only way to remove my information from the list and website was to acknowledge that I would be charged $698 per year for marketing. At that point they could remove me from their list and website but, I would be responsible for $698.

I told the caller that I thought this was a scam and I questioned why they didn't already have my name. They hung up.

Do not give these guys information. They are not real bright. During one part of the call, the caller said that he was going to transfer to another cancellation manager somewhere else. At that point, I hear the guys talking in the background about the fact that I won't provide my name. I'm guessing this is two guys at the kitchen table pulling a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Marketing-Media/internet/American-Marketing-Media-Attempted-Scam-Internet-1055475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Marketing Media