Complaint Review: American Medical I.D.

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Tony — Encino California USA
American Medical I.D.
949 Wakefield Suite 100 Houston, Texas 77018 Houston, Texas United States of America

American Medical I.D. Sold me high-priced, poor quality product that broke after a short time, then wanted me to pay for a replacement instead of repair. Houston, Texas

I purchased a medical I.D. bracelet from "American Medical I.D."  (for diabetes).  The fragile plastic clasp broke after only a few weeks & the company sent me a stronger replacement clasp.  After 16 months, the rivet that holds the metal clasp (with the medical information on it) broke.  I contacted American Medical I.D. to see if it could be repaired, which would be a very minor repair - replacing the rivet.  Their representative suggested I buy another bracelet for almost $40.00.  I asked her how long their bracelets should last.  She said "The warranty is one year but the bracelets usually last 7 years."  Well, mine didn't & I don't do anything that would cause it to break, like rough sports or construction. What a ripoff.....sell a cheap product for a high price, then tell the customer to keep buying more of them every time they break!  I'd pass on medical I.D. products from American Medical I.D.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-ID/Houston-Texas-77018/American-Medical-ID-Sold-me-high-priced-poor-quality-product-that-broke-after-a-short-946381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical I.D.