Complaint Review: American Medical ID

• Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Worcester Massachusetts United States of America
American Medical ID
949 Wakefield, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77018 Internet United States of America

American Medical ID sold me a 14k gold medical alert chain, alert medal and st christopher medal and charm loops were not gold Internet

*Author of original report: Update

I purchased a 14k gold chain with a medical alert charm and a st christopher medal.  It was a gift since the family member I gave it to needed the medical alert due to severe diabetes.  After about 6 months we noticed the loops on both medals were not gold but gold filled.  This must allow them to make more money since I paid $646.90 for solid gold and did not get what I paid for and what they advertised, further more when I called them about the issue the supervisor infered I was not telling the truth and told the agent to tell me that.  I demanded to speak to this supervisor that did not have the stones to deliver the rude news herself.  I talked to her and she then denied saying I lied.  I was livid.  The repair cost me another $100.00.  Please watch out.  Not a very nice outcome nor do they seem to care about their customer complaints!  Businesses need to remember it is not their right to have a customer, it is a privilege.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-ID/internet/American-Medical-ID-sold-me-a-14k-gold-medical-alert-chain-alert-medal-and-st-christophe-987052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical ID

Update

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

I was called by the company and they said they were sorry for the entire situation.  Although I did not receive the money it took to fix their product they offered a gift card which I refused since I will never do business with them again.