continually

Complaint Review: American Medical & Life Insurance

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Joann — melbourne Florida U.S.A.
American Medical & Life Insurance
PO BOX 1353 chicago, Illinois United States of America

American Medical & Life Insurance medical insurance scam chicago, Illinois

I lost my job due to medical reasons. I went on line looking for medical coverage and was contacted from American Medical and life insurance . The sales rep told me they had a great plan for a limited time that would cover my medical needs . Doctors ,medical test, and hospital. The cost 299.00  per month .I signed up for the plan via telephone and coverage started 03-01-13. I was only allowed 3 doctors visits per year at a co-pay of 15.00 and specialist 30.00. I visited my neurologist in  may (one visit)He scheduled a mri of my brain and the appt was made for 9-24-12. The dianostic center called me to inform me that my new insurance will only pay 100.00 for the mri and I would be responsible for 600 plus for the procedure.

I find this totally unacceptable and have been trying for 2 days to reach customer service to cancel this useless coverage . .I have given then 2100.00 and for what?  I would have been better off without insuranc e and could afford to pay for my mri and still have money in my pocket . Now  I will not be able to have the mri  and cannot cancel this insurance  because I cannot contact anyone . Stuggling to pay my bills on top of needing medical services and there are insurance companies ripping you off .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Life-Insurance/chicago-Illinois-60690/American-Medical-Life-Insurance-medical-insurance-scam-chicago-Illinois-946374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical & Life Insurance