Complaint Review: American Medical Response

• Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa2010NYC — Stamford Connecticut United States of America
American Medical Response
240 E. Highway 246, Ste. 300. Buelton, California United States of America

American Medical Response Bay Area Credit Service, LLC Harassed! and Threatened! my son for a $181.52 final payment of an $1800.00 bill Buelton, California

My son was seriously injured in July of 2011, we had a high deductible on our insurance plan because my husband was unemployed. We incurred $25,000 worth of medical bills that we are responsible for. In May 2012 I lost my job, and could not make the monthly pay of $142.37 instead I sent a payment of $50.00, the next month I sent another payment of $50.00.

The following month American Medical Response call my son(he is a student we are responsible for all his bills) and threatened and harassed him for the $323.00 balance. The original bill from American Medical Response (our portion) was $1,708.42. We had paid down from 08/2011 to date 1,400.00 dollars of the $1,700.00 original bill.

American Medical Response in fact did send my son to collections on August 29th 2012, the last bill they sent me was on 07/30/2012 said if I didn't call them or make a payment I promised they would take further action. i mailed a payment August 18th and August 31st.

They never tried to contact me for payment( I paid all the bills) never phoned me, never gave me notice they were sending this to collections, they just called my son and scared him saying this was going to impact his credit for life! Please!
In an emergency situation I guess the old phrase ambulance chaser is still applicable, make sure when you call 911 for an ambulance you don't use American Medical Response! Thanks for making our lives more stressful than they already were!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Response/Buelton-California-93109-1744/American-Medical-Response-Bay-Area-Credit-Service-LLC-Harassed-and-Threatened-my-son-f-941584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Response