Complaint Review: American Medical Response

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 10, 2011

• Reported By: Xellos2961 — colorado springs Colorado United States of America
American Medical Response
6200 South Syracuse Way, Greenwood Village, CO Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

American Medical Response Bay Area Credit Services AMR sent me to collections for an ambulance ride, without ever recieving a bill until the collections notice, and I have insurance! Colorado Springs, Colorado

So I was taken to the ER not too long ago in Colorado Springs and I got an ambulance ride there. I have insurance so I assume that everything is payed in full and all is well. Today I get a letter from Bay Area Credit Services that says I owe $1,002.92 for the ambulance ride, never receiving an original statement from American Medial Response (AMR/Ambulance people).

This is a total scam because I never once was given a statement prior to the collections notice and it sticks onto your credit report! No one in the ambulance or at the hospital mentioned that AMR had a different place to bill when I handed them my insurance card.

That brings me to the conclusion, I have bloody insurance why didn't they take it out?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Response/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80922/American-Medical-Response-Bay-Area-Credit-Services-AMR-sent-me-to-collections-for-an-ambul-775097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Response