Complaint Review: American Medical Response

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: Seth — Antelope California United States of America
American Medical Response
Sacramento, California United States of America

American Medical Response AMR Regardless of insurance, they will toss you to collections Sacramento, California

After going round after round with AMR, the hospital and my insurance trying to get them all to communicate so each had the appropriate information to file the claim, I thought all was under control and progressing in a positive direction, finally. However, one random Friday afternoon I received a bill from a collection agency stating that AMR had sent my claim to collections. Through all of my conversations and information received in the mail, that was never even mentioned, implied or threatened against me. After all, the last that I knew, all was finally in order and the three entities were exchanging the necessary information.

I immediately called AMR to see what could be done about this, but they heartlessly claimed that it was now out of their hands. I couldn't believe that something of this level could be done without some sort of warning or notice. It wasn't as if I was intentionally dodging my responsibilities to pay the bill; I mistakenly thought that the insurance, ambulance and hospital were all finally doing their jobs. That was my fatal error. Now, because of their inability to communicate or follow through, I had to deal with a collections company...a far more unpleasant group. Had I been made aware of their intentions to take this step, I would have worked something out immediately instead of thinking my insurance company was actually doing some work for me as they are paid monthly to do. A travesty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Response/Sacramento-California-95765/American-Medical-Response-AMR-Regardless-of-insurance-they-will-toss-you-to-collections-S-967135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Response