continually

• Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: James — denver Colorado United States of America
American Medical Response
p.o. box 847199 dallas, Texas United States of America

American Medical Response Will not contact me to discuss an improperly coded bill to Medicare for $1200.00 and are now threating to send to collections dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: AMR Contact Information to resolve your issue

I have called AMR repeatly about a bill that was not, according to MediCare, properly coded and therefore rejected by MediCare. MediCare said I should have AMR rebill the charge with the proper code. This involved transportation  from a Hospital to a Skilled Nursing facility while in the care of medical personnel. My Aunt nor her relatives requested this transportation. It was arranged by the Hospital and the Skilled nursing facility. AMR refuses to change the code or call  their Medicare provider for the correct code. Why? I think its because they chared $1200 for a 1 mile trip and Medicare will only pay about $200.00 for a properly coded trip!!! They are trying to scare our family into paying the extra $1000.00  I have e-mailed, called, and sent certified letters. I can't believe they will not contact me!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Response/dallas-Texas-75284/American-Medical-Response-Will-not-contact-me-to-discuss-an-improperly-coded-bill-to-Medi-874297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Response

AMR Contact Information to resolve your issue

AUTHOR: American Medical Response - (United States of America)

Thank you for sharing this concern, we do take it seriously.  If you are your aunt's legal representative and are authorized to have access to her protected information, please contact me regarding this issue, and I will put you in touch with someone in the Patient Business Services office who can resolve it. Since this site tells me not to post a name or email address, I can direct you to the AMR website at www.amr.net, click Contact Us; choose Compliment or Complaint, and the message will reach someone who can assist.   THank you for the opportunity to resolve your concerns.