Complaint Review: American Medical Security

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: anniem — Lansing Michigan United States of America
American Medical Security
Green Bay, Wisconsin United States of America

American Medical Security 180% INCREASE in PREMIUM since inception of policy in 2006 Green Bay Wisconsin

Our insurance premium just went up another 13% this year, making a total percentage increase of over 180% since we started with them in 11/06.   That's an average price hike of 30% per year!  When I called to question why my premium was increased and where the money was going, they informed me that they do not need to disclose that information to me, because the Affordable Health Care Act does not apply to this particular "grandfathered" policy.  No one in our family has had anything more serious than the sniffles, and we don't have any pre-existing ANYTHING!  They informed me that EVERYONE in my state received the same premium increase because we happen to live in MI.  Our deductible is $5,000 per person.  How can they justify this??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Security/Green-Bay-Wisconsin-54307/American-Medical-Security-180-INCREASE-in-PREMIUM-since-inception-of-policy-in-2006-Gree-975571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Security