Complaint Review: American Medical Writers Association

• Reported By: Taken Advantage of by AMWA — Michigan
American Medical Writers Association
30 W Gude Dr, Ste 525 Rockville, Maryland USA

American Medical Writers Association Stole Tuition Money Rockville Maryland

I registered early online for an American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) Annual Conference. Since I was a student at the time, I was eligible for a discount. To receive the discount, one had to email student proof separately. After I sent the email, I thought I was registered since I paid in advance for all the classes at conference. I received an email during the late registration period that stated they did not receive my student proof email during early registration period so they categorized me as registering late. For some reason, when you register late you cannot receive class credit because the deadline passed for the instructors to send the syllabus. Although all of the instructors agreed to give an extension to send the syllabus to me, AMWA refused. Since I was taking the classes to receive credit so I could earn a certificate, it did not make sense for me to attend these classes for no credit. It is important to note that the person I emailed the student proof to found my email in his junk mail folder during the early registration period! However, he said it was my fault the email went to his junk mail folder and he did not see it in time. I requested a refund since they would not let me receive class credit. Keep in mind this was during late registration before the conference even took place! AMWA refused a refund because they said they only allow arefund during early registration period. Although I disputed the credit card charge with my bank, AMWA viciously fought it. This experience with AMWA made me change my mind about becoming a medical writer. I want nothing to do with such a corrupt organization. I would think twice before donating to an organization that practices dishonest tactics. And i talked to the AMWA president as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Medical-Writers-Association/Rockville-Maryland-20850/American-Medical-Writers-Association-Stole-Tuition-Money-Rockville-Maryland-1064417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Medical Writers Association