Complaint Review: American Mint

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: W — Yorba Linda California
American Mint
5020 Louise Drive, Suite 300 Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

American Mint American Mint LLC Unauthorized Charges to Debit Card, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

Relevant Facts of this Dispute:

3/2/2013 I ordered $14.90 Item from American Mint LLC

4/19/2013 I was charged an additional $85.90 by American Mint LLC, even though no
authorization was provided by me, to the American Mint, to make this charge.

Discussion:

On 4/19/2013: at about 350PM, I was able to speak to American Mint LLC customer representative. The representative was not able to resolve the dispute.

The American Mint customer representative informed that I had been enrolled in a collection
program, whereby they would send me items for approval. Further, the customer
representative refused to refund my money ($85.90), unless I returned the items
they claim to have sent me on approval (items which I have not received).

Finally, the customer representative told me it was my responsibility to track
down their lost package. However, I do not view it as my responsibility to
track down their lost package, because I did not authorize the purchase of this
item.

Under no circumstances did I authorize my entry into the so called collection program,
 nor did I authorize any further (automatic) charges to my MasterCard. I have not received any items from American Mint LLC, with the exception of the original item ($14.90) I ordered on 3/2/2013.

I consider my unauthorized enrollment into their collection program to be a deceitful business
practice on the part of the American Mint LLC , and so I have reported the American Mint to the Better Business Bureau (my complaint is now one of many).

I also find it interesting that American Mint LLC has been in the news for previous legal issues; including reported legal actions initiated by the state of Pennsylvania, for practices that seem similar to the ones they pulled on me.

I sincerely wish I had never done business with American Mint LLC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Mint/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-/American-Mint-American-Mint-LLC-Unauthorized-Charges-to-Debit-Card-Mechanicsburg-Pennsyl-1044705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Mint