Complaint Review: American Mint

• Submitted: Tue, March 31, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:Schertz Texas
American Mint
Po Box 10 Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

American Mint Unprofessional, NO Customer Service, sent items not ordered & expect payment Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

I ordered one Obama coin with the dates 2009-2013 and paid 4.99 for it. Luckily I paid with a check which I normally do NOT do. So they are unable to use a credit card for any of their future mailings. (which I never requested) When I received my prepaid order they also sent me another coin of Roosevelt. I tried calling them several times and all I got was a recording saying they were too busy and to call back later. So I sent them about 3 or 4 emails telling them that I did not order the Roosevelt coin and since they won't answer their phone that maybe they could tell me how to return the coin - I am NOT paying return S/H for something I DID NOT order. To date, I still have not receive any type of response from the company. I just received another bill today for 59.95. In my last email...I told them that if they don't have the time to get back to me then I will keep this coin and anything else they might decide to send me in the future but I refuse to pay for it or send it back. I also told them they could turn me into credit...I didn't care. Still no response. So.....this is just another scam. I'm so glad they don't have my credit card info otherwise that 59.95 would probably have been taken out of it by now. This company is terrible and the ex-employee of American Mint that wrote a rip-off report against them definitely verified that for me.

Whistleblower
Schertz, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Mint/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-17055/American-Mint-Unprofessional-NO-Customer-Service-sent-items-not-ordered-expect-payment-439573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Mint