Complaint Review: American Money Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, November 17, 2012

• Reported By: Len — Lubbock Texas United States of America
American Money Corporation

American Money Corporation Promise of Cash, Car, and a Certified Cashiers Check Internet, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: American Money Cooperation (Ripoff)

My mother was contacted by phone of a prize she won.  Some coupon was drawn.  I knew that she had entered a coupon via Readers Digest for a new vehicle and they were supposed to pay the taxes for the vehicle.  I thought it was them but it's not.

This is American Money Corporation.  They told me to get a Green Dot Money card for $199.  I would control the money.  The next day they said they needed $395 for stamps and to put that on the Green Dot money card.  The next day it was $725.23 for the money to be released from the Clearance Center.

I had used the Green Dot cards before and you had to have the receipt to get the money from the card.  Not any longer.  If you give anyone the numbers off the back of the card then they can cash the card.

The saga continued into the next day, this time they wanted $1000 on money cards.  They were in town and as soon as I got the money card they would bring over the prize.  I went and got the money cards and demanded to have proof prior to giving me any numbers.  Or that they could bring the prize over and put it in my neighbors drive way and then we would continue our transaction.  They claimed they would be fired if they did this.

They finally talked me out of the numbers on the 2 cards.  The next day they wanted $1000 more.  I balked.  The "CEO of the company" called and said he wants to prove to me this is not a scam so "just be nice, honey, and go get the cards.  You do not have to give me any numbers until we get there with the vehicle."  I still refused.  The CEO said to prove it he would go get $800 in Money Cards so I only had to come up with $200.  I still refused.

Then the harrassing phone calls started.  They told me they had a US Marshall coming with the prize to prove that this was not a scam.  I asked to speak with the US Marshall and requested his badge number.  I then called the US Marshalls service in New York.  This badge is invalid and the person does not even work with the US Marshalls service.  He said his name is Mr. Benjamin Walker.

Scared my mother and myself.

If you get a call like this.  Do not do anything with them.  They even threatened to turn me into the FBI if I did not get the last part of the money.  That is after a police officer answered one of the phone calls.

Names of the individuals I have spoken with: If they are real names

Mr Merchan
Mr Raymond Young
Mr Brown
Mr. Benjamin Walker

I lost $2300 to this jokers.  Please do not do this.  Learn from my mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Money-Corporation/internet/American-Money-Corporation-Promise-of-Cash-Car-and-a-Certified-Cashiers-Check-Internet-793829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Money Corporation

#1 Consumer Suggestion

American Money Cooperation (Ripoff)

AUTHOR: Capt.Jo - (United States of America)

I am Just in the process of dealing with these Jokers (Probably from Africa)! I suspected a Fraud from the very start, mainly because of bad grammar, listening closely to the background noises sounded very much, to me, to be of a boiler room type, requesting a fee (Legitimate winnings rarely require an upfront fee), and an African accent. Usually such representatives, of many legitimate Co's having such contests to attract business, enunciate clearly and distinctly! Also I don't happen to shop at any of the Co's. he had mentioned that the contest was affiliated with!  So I required them to send me confirmation documents, so that I could investigate them through the internet!  Then They kept insisting that they had sent an Email, but I wasn't receiving it! This went on all day until finally the representative (he) requested I send him an Email to reply to. He gave me panderson710@yahoo.com , and told me to call him at 87684449269 when I received it. I had recovered this # prior on my caller ID. and tried to call it to confirm what sort of entity I was dealing with, my Magic Jack couldn't connect with that international #, so I figured it was a third world country, which most probably would not be affiliated with such an Enterprise!   When they finally sent the 'certificate' it lacked a certain degree of professionalism, and bad grammar, also worded such that it vaguely hinted at the possibilities  of further monetary demands.  Reflecting back a few days earlier I had received a strange(r than usual) call from a nondescript investment group hinting at a lucrative investment, and wanting to know my net worth, that may have been a for-runner of this scam!  At any rate I want to sincerely thank this unfortunate victim for being so forthright about their experiences with these thieves, it helped very much with confirming their dishonorable intentions! Thanks, Capt. Jo
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC