Complaint Review: American Moving Group

• Updated: Wed, September 24, 2014

• Reported By: Sue Ann — Cincinnati Ohio
American Moving Group
433 Plaza Real Suite 275 Boca Raton , Florida USA

American Moving Group American Moving Group are deposit scam artist Boca Raton Florida

*Author of original report: I'm with you

*Consumer Comment: I got taken by AMG also.

*Author of original report: Contact me

*Consumer Comment: I want to file a case against them too!!!

It all started on 7/15/2014 with a call from a guy named "Dan Morris" with AMG, he gave a great sales pitch assured me that his quality assurence guy "Jack" would call my husband and update our inventory list for our move he scheduled for 7/19-7/20/2014. He assured his QA guy would call on Wednesday to go over stuff with my husband. Wednesday came no call, Thursday no call. Friday I texted Dan & the 1-800 number to my husband he gets a hold of "Dan" who says there were notes in his system from "Jack" saying he spoke with my husband on 7/17/2014, which this did not happen, my cell records prove that.

So on 7/18/2014 "Jack" tells my husband that he needed to have certain things boxed up and that he was pushing the movers out until 7/21/2014-7/23/2014 so he could get an updated inventory list from my husband. So 7/21/2014 these "movers" show up in an unmarked truck, had another families stuff on it and they wanted to charge us more than double what we were quoted!!! While the movers were there my husband attempted to get a hold of "Jack" and "Dan" to figure out what in the hell was going on. On top of this the movers asked where the stuff was going to!?! My husband replied with our destination and they replied they didn't go there. So my husband had no luck on getting a hold of either of these people, who stated they are there if any problems should occur.

Long story short, today I call to complain and to get my deposit back for their lack of service well after being transferred from. "Patti" to another woman I had the wonderful pleasure of speaking to a charming, all sarcasim imtended, man named "Max". He is the "GM/Owner" of AMG and by far one of the most rudest, offensive loud-mouthed people I have EVER dealt with. Not only did he try to tell me it was mine & my husbanfs fault, he also told me I needed to be a normal person and avcept blame in this and I should quit whining about it and be mad at my husband. I loterally tore him a new one and told him he hasn't heard the last of me that falsifying business records is illegal, and so is fraud in the inducement of a contract. He proceded to tell me that he is polishing his Rolex, and treated me with complete disrespect. So I investigated this company further.

upon finding the articles of incorporation for tjis company I find their agents name, I search him and one comes up in CT and FL, which explains his thick east coast accent, I also googled the address on the articles and it's a PO Box, whi h I confirmed with the police department there. This is, in my opinion, a one man band, he pretends to be different people, he even pretended to be a guy named "Ben" then here came loud mouth Max on the phone. I habe informed my bank that this was a scam and they are investigating at this time and tomorrow I am contacting my local authorities as well to press charges in this matter. All I can say to "Max" "Dan" "Jack" Paul(agents first name) is you messed with the wrong one! I figured you out and I know you will read this, the FTC has been made aware of this as well. So have fun with the shitstorm you created I got ya.

If anyone would like to contact me to get a solid case against this low life please do we can get all of our money back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Moving-Group/Boca-Raton-Florida/American-Moving-Group-American-Moving-Group-are-deposit-scam-artist-Boca-Raton-Florida-1164238. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Moving Group

I'm with you

AUTHOR: Sue Ann - ()

I went to the Florida Secretary of State website and looked up this company. Like you I have all the emails and phone records because they will falsify those, but anyway on the website I got the agents name and did a google search of him and he was the VP for New Bridge Metals which was shut down because of pulling a deposit scam at a higher amount. New Bridge Metals was hit with a 1.5 million dollar judgment that they had to pay back to its customers. The President of the company is a guy named Frank Lucido. Both these people are connected to other "moving groups" as well. So they just moved and are doing this on a smaller scale now. I'm with you. This has been a nightmare to deal with. I wish there was some way you could contact me I tried to put my email address but it was forbidden I guess.

I got taken by AMG also.

AUTHOR: Puckguy81 - ()

I am currently working with my credit card provider to fight AMG, but I would like to take more extensive action against them.  I moved from New Mexico to Arizona.  They took a deposit from me twice.  The truck never showed up on the days that it was scheduled for.  They refused to refund any of my money.  After my ititial dispute with my bank, they responded with a bunch of eronious information.   Fortunately, I recorded all of the phone calls made with them, saved phone records, and emails.  They are a very shady company for which I have read no positve reviews about.  I want to make sure that they do not cause any more people harm as they have done to me.  I will do anything in my power to stop them.

Let's take them down.

Contact me

AUTHOR: Sue Ann - ()

Aly,

Yes I did but not with that POS scumbag. Contact me at (((REDACTED))) I can tell you exactly how I did it and show you informationI found out about this one man band. My first suggestion dispute the charge with your card company tell them what happened. I will help you with the rest!

I want to file a case against them too!!!

AUTHOR: AlyG - ()

Hello Sue Ann,

I was wondering if you heard anything or solved your problem. I read your complaint and I was also ripped off by those scumbags. I am willing to join you if you want to proceed against them.

They took advantage of me big time! Finally my nightmare is over but they don't deserve to be out there making more money!

please let me know. My name is Aly.