Complaint Review: American Moving Service

• Submitted: Mon, January 30, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: TTSD202 — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
American Moving Service
3755 Bonnybridge Place Ellicott City, Maryland United States of America

American Moving Service Scam artists, Super Shady Ellicott City, Maryland

Stay away from this company! They will rip you off and have no qualms doing so. I wish I'd read their reviews before booking them!!

They arrived anhour late, stood around talking in Russian for a few minutes and then decided to get to to work. The "manager" Chris said the job would take four hours and I told him we'll see but it should only take three. Well needless to say they were done in 2.5 hours including travel time but they still charged me for four hours. I went back and forth with them on this but they were so brutish I just ended up paying them for the extra hour.

In addition to them overcharging me they broke some of my larger items (brand new computer desk) and didn't bother to mention it.

They swear a lot,smoke a lot, and are overall shady guys....please don't make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Moving-Service/Ellicott-City-Maryland-21043/American-Moving-Service-Scam-artists-Super-Shady-Ellicott-City-Maryland-831023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Moving Service