Complaint Review: American Moving Services

• Updated: Wed, October 14, 2009

• Reported By: AprilPhuls — Herndon Virginia USA
American Moving Services
20212 Broad Run Dr Sterling, Virginia United States of America

American Moving Services Poor Moving Service, Broken Furniture and Dishes and Horrible Time Management Sterling, Virginia

We used American Moving Services to move my one bedroom apartment and my girlfriends 1 bedroom into a new apartment. They took 4 1/2 hours to move my one bedroom, ground floor apartment.

I can appreciate the fact that they wanted to plastic wrap everything and re-tape my boxes, but there really wasn't a need since we were only moving 10 minutes away. Once they finished my apartment we drove to my roommates apartment and moved her bed, night stand, dresser and 10 boxes that took only about 30 minutes. When we got to the new apartment it took them another 4 hours to unpack. I will give them a little extra time here because the new apartment is 3 levels.

Regardless, they finished and I was told I could only pay with cash. Reluctantly I went to the ATM and paid them and immediately called the main office only to get a voice mail.

Once we started removing all the excess plastic wrap and tape we realized that many items were broken! A bookshelf, a small cabinet, plates, and an entire box of serving platters. [continued below]....

.....  They even broke a decorative tree that I asked them to NOT plastic wrap and they insisted it was company policy.

I have called more than 30 times and left a couple of messages and not a single person has returned my call (keep in mind I have used more than one phone and an analog phone line). I did get through to someone on Monday and when I asked for a manager or supervisor I was hung up on. I looked up the business address online and it is a home address.

Does anyone know of any recourse or another option I can go to persue getting my money refunded or at least getting reimbursed for the broken items?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2009 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Moving-Services/Sterling-Virginia-20165/American-Moving-Services-Poor-Moving-Service-Broken-Furniture-and-Dishes-and-Horrible-Ti-509471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Moving Services